emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  4:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Forgive me if this has been discussed in a thread before but I couldn't find anything.

Has anyone ever cooked tofurkey? I tried years ago and it wasn't that great, but I'm thinking that it just needed "dressing" up when cooking (vegetables, spices, etc.). Any ideas??

Also, does anyone have a hummus recipe that does not reek of garlic? I know that is an important ingredient but I hate how I (or anyone else) smells after eating it!

I'd love to hear your ideas!

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  6:18:46 PM  Show Profile
The only tofurkey I ever tried was NOT completely vegetarian because the dressing up included veggies cooked in chicken stock. The person serving it was not strict vegetarian and admitted it really needed to be flavored with something "real", as she described it. Cooked/roasted mushrooms, especially portabella, can have a meaty taste to them, so I wonder if that might be a good way to flavor it.

Sorry - no help at all on the hummus recipe. i consider hummus to be a vehicle for garlic!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Tofurkey and hummus Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page