Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Valentine ATC Swap-Ended-Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentine ATC Swap-Ended-Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 8

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile
One of my salon Managers gave me this one year, he always called everyone "Sweet Tea" I just loved hearing him say it! LOL!!

These are some of my favorite, doing what we girls do best! HOUSEWORK! LOL!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  06:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Connie, you certainly have quite a fabulous and varied Valentines collection. What a treasure! Can't wait to see the ATC results.
I never got your message. Please re-send. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  10:10:54 AM  Show Profile
This is for our Teachers, Jenny and Beth that I know of, if anyone else Teaches let me know, I am married to a retired Special Ed. Teacher. I love the valentines with pictures of the Teachers and class room. I spent a lot of time volunteering at my DH and my Daughter's school over the 35 years.

Thank you Joey, I re-sent Email. I have had several say they did not get my emails. We are having a little trouble connecting this past week. Maybe the weather.

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 09 2014 1:47:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  10:21:07 AM  Show Profile
I volunteer at a local grade school in the 2nd grade. I am always so humbled by how grateful the kids are for my presence. I also teach knitting and crochet in the after school program.

I have finished 2 of my cards. The other two will be finished soon. I'm just waiting for the Valentine candy to appear in the stores before I send them out.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  1:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marie, Nothing is more rewarding than teaching and or mentoring Children! You have plenty of time to work on your ATC's, we got about 3 weeks before the send out date! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I love, love, love all the great pictures you've posted here
of vintage valentines! Thanks for doing that. Brings back some
wonderful and special memories from childhood and beyond.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  7:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda! They do that for me too!

Hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile

I got my love for Vintage Cards from my Granny!

Hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  7:36:45 PM  Show Profile
I love the ones with the Washing and Cooking and Ironing! Things I am good at! LOL! My DH buys me one every year from Ebay, he tells me to find one I like and pays for it. I'd rather have that than candy, less calories! LOL! and it is much less expensive! LOL!! This year's one is on the way, I will post it, when it gets here! I have most of them in a Shadow Box table, I found at a junk store about 5 years ago. When I don't have Holiday cards in it, I have all my family Black and White Photographs in it. I love having them where I can see them and the lid keeps the dust out! LOL!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 10 2014 7:39:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  1:12:43 PM  Show Profile
What a cute idea for your DH! Ilove your collection and I love to collect them also. I will frame some of my favorites and set them out on the front table! Always been a romantic at heart!!!! Smiles

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  1:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Here is my this year's Valentine! Came in the mail yesterday!

Thanks Beth! Me too!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  2:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Tara,
Received your pretty Valentine ATC cards today. You really did some cute creations since this was your first ATC swap. ATCs are so much fun.
Thanks and hugs to you.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  6:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Tara, I love them!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  5:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Teri! These are Fabulous!!! This was your first ATC Swap! You knocked it outta the Park!! The pictures do not do them justice! The Red felted heart comes off the ATC to wear as a pin! OOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Vintage ones too. Do you collect Vintage ones for yourself? Love the Sock Monkey card and the Goodies, Tea, Chocolate and Flower Seeds! What more could a Farm Girl want!!

The Wool Heart looks so good on my Great Aunt Mattie's dish cabinet!
Teri owns her own Sheep farm, if some didn't know, She Spins, Dyes and Knits the Wool! Visit her Blog if you have not, you will love the most amazing pictures!
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  05:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals :-) Well, I received a package yesterday that is truly special, not that other swaps I have done weren't special but this one is special in that it transported me back to a gentler time. One in which I made these Valentines for my Mom. I have been missing her & well Teri's Precious swap just struck a cord in my heart the kind that brings a tear to the eyes that keep coming & memories that make you just stop & remember so vividly. I think you all know what I speak of ;-)
Teri ~~ I know I sent you a Thank You but it did not convey my true heart because I needed to stop sobbing & emailing made it all start again but today is a new day & as I type this I do feel tears but a smile keeps them at bay.
Like Connie said you truly nailed the true spirit of these swaps. Thank You again....
Pictures DO NOT do these precious confections justice but know I will treasure them always.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  11:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Maddie, I know what you mean! These remind me of my Granny and how she loved all the Holidays! Thanks for sharing that with us!!! I feel such a peace going to Teri's blog, seeing the season's change thru her photographs of her Sheep Farm and just the wonderful way she shares her farm with her followers. Great work Terri!!

Hugs!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey Connie & Maddie,
I am so happy that you girls liked your Valentine swap goodies!
And Connie,I think I have collected just about everything at one time.
Enjoy ladies you both deaerve it!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Linda, and Kelly, I mailed your ATC cards today. I had finished them, so I thought I would send them out extra early! Hope you enjoy them.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  4:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Connie, you have the most amazing collection of vintage valentines!! Love them all. Didn't realize your husband was a retired teacher---so am I. Retired when we moved here from VA so it was sort of forced on me! Spent almost 30 years in the classroom and 40 altogether in education. Times certainly have changed but I loved every minute I was there. I taught K for the last 20 years and spent it all in urban education...which is really my niche. I have taught with razor wire fences and bodyguards... but loved it all. Lock-downs were commonplace. Most people think I am crazy to have loved that environment, especially at 4 ft. 11 inches....but I feel that is where God put me each time.
Blessings to all teachers....retired or not...it is a rewarding career...or I should say calling since everyone is not cut out for it. My biggest beef with education is that teachers feel they have to "teach to the test" now and have missed so many good times when kids actually loved to go to school and learn. Better stop my rant now...I could go on forever!!!
Happy Valentine's Day to all,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Portia! I have been collecting them since I was A teenager.

Your so right! Not every one is cut out to be a TEACHER!! You are a tiny one 4'11"!! The last 5 years he taught was in a BAD PART OF TOWN! He is teaching part-time 9-1 each day in a residential center for troubled teenage boys most of them are Gang members under the age of 17. They try and get them on the right track before they turn 18 and wind up in jail.

My hubby said to tell you he knows exactly what you mean about "teaching the Test"! He taught in the Memphis City Schools from 1970-2005. What a lot of changes during that time!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  6:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Here are a few pictures of my Valentine Tree! All the Decorations are Farm girl created! Beth Jones made the Valentine egg carton! That was a fun swap! Emily Anna made the Rose Heart. ATC's by Beth, Maddie, Sherry Buck. Brenda Wheeler's Patchwork Hearts Cards from Emily, Peggy, Teresa Julian, Darlene, Marcy, Judy Zoebell, Tammy C.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  01:54:17 AM  Show Profile
NICE...... I'm still tweeking mine. Maybe I'll post some pics later ;-)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  03:26:08 AM  Show Profile

Connie,
Received your wonderful Valentine ATC's yesterday, I LOVE them both! The vintage one is sooo cute! And the other card is VERY ceative with the little clothespin!

and this too ... Love the Skittles candle, in fact it is burning right now.( and lit it with the pretty pink matches!) However, I do believe this may only be burned when there are Skittles in the house. That way I can eat them while burning it ... LOL
Hubby, grabbed the candies, which is okay with me, cause I don't need the extra pounds after all the holiday eating :D

Thanks so much for starting me off on a great collection of ATC cards!
And BTW, I LOVE your tree!!!!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5191 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5191 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Teri, so glad you like everything! I love skittles too, when I saw those candles I shrieked out loud, My hubby is used to this, so only a lady looked at me. I never saw Skittle and M&M candles before. I re-did your and Maddie's ATC's over and over, This way-That way. I get so nervous about which way was best! So I am tickled you like them! Now I will have your ATC's for my tree!, Since this was our first swap!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 19 2014 08:53:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  09:20:41 AM  Show Profile
It's so nice scrolling through these wonderful cards, memories and new treasures.
Sweet! Mine will be out soon. Looking forward to spending Martin Luther King Day working on them.

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here Am I.
-Isaiah 58:9
Jenny, Blessed Farmgirl #4359
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentine ATC Swap-Ended-Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page