suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  05:50:51 AM  Show Profile
Just out ladies, "The Apron Book" by EllynAnne Geisel. I got mine through Crafters Choice book club, but I am sure it is out on Amazon.com as well. It is fabulous!!!

It is subtitled "Making, Wearing and Sharing a Bit of Cloth and Comfort". There is some info on aprons in America, some directions on basic aprons and lots of pictures, stories and women in their aprons. My favorites are the stories women tell about their aprons. There is a very funny one about a woman who gets up and makes pies in her antique, long half apron all by herself in the wee morning hours. You'll have to read for yourself why it is so funny. I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, but I will say it is a hoot!!

If you want more after pouring over the last MJF issue on Aprons, this book is DEFINITELY worth investing in. It is like reading a huge chapter from MJ's book- same style of real women telling their stories mixed with fun projects.

Country girl in NE PA

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  06:49:29 AM  Show Profile
I have this book, and I completely agree...an amazing book. Im actually giving it as Christmas gifts to a few of my favorite "farm girls".

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  05:33:11 AM  Show Profile
VINTAGECHICA: where did you get the Apron Book...??? I look at Barnes and Nobles and they think I am a UFO on stuff like this.... There is a Borders Book store in Westminster Md, about 25 miles away, maybe they have it....I would like to get it..send me information Please......

new heart..................................margie

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate....

Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  06:17:07 AM  Show Profile
The author is EllynAnne Geisel, published by Andrews McMeel Publishing, ISBN # are:
ISBN-13: 978-0-7407-6181-2
ISBN-10: 0-7407-6181-1

See if the clerks at B&N or Borders can pull it up by the ISBN numbers.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  06:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Margie, I get the same reaction at my local Hastings book store. That's why Amazon is easy and stress free for me. You might consider that.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  06:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls, I went to eBay, typed in The Apron Book, several came up, but then below that you have the eBay stores. I got one now, the buy it now kind, for less than $10.00, plus shipping and handling! Check it out!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic THE APRON BOOK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page