Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I Need Your Prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I Need Your Prayers Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  07:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I am usually a very strong person and take most things that life shoves my way. But I guess that for the past two years of dealing with this, last night it took its toil on me. You see about two years ago this month my husband had an accident that almost cost him his life. Three surgeries later and we are still dealing with the issue. He has poor circulation in his legs due to an auto accident that happen about 20 years ago. He almost lost his legs and so they give him problems from time to time. Two years ago he develop what they call a leg ulcer (a deep hole in his leg), like that of a very bad bed sore and it would bleed. While at work that year he hit is leg and lost a tremendous amount of blood and was rushed to the hospital. With only one car, being around midnight when it happen and no transportation getting to the hospital that night was scary for me. Last night while getting something to munch on he started bleeding again. Lucky I was able to stop the bleeding, but today I feel lost as to how to help prevent this from continuing. Pray for me for strength, wisdom, and gentleness for my husband to get through this trial this time. Also pray for my husband for healing and wisdom to do what he needs to do for his body to prevent this from continuing.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  07:51:58 AM  Show Profile
I will pray for you and your husband. Sending you a big hug too :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  08:05:59 AM  Show Profile
I will pray for you both!

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  08:08:36 AM  Show Profile

Rebecca,

God hears our cry for help and I know he loves and cares about you and your husbands needs and health greatly...all the farm girls are here for you...thoughts prayers and a hug for you...

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3463 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3463 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  08:23:49 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca
I am praying for you both to be strong through this difficult time in your lives. Yes God does hear our cries and with get you both through this.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  09:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Becky,

Will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you are going through this tough time and I hopse that things get better soon.

sending you big hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  10:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your support. I am hanging on by a thread this time and I need to be strong for my husband who needs me to be strong right now.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  10:47:02 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca, May I strongly urge you to make an appointment with your doctor to have this leg checked. There may be some new underlying problem that needs to be addressed to prevent further episodes like last night. Don't assume anything here because you don't want some issue to further deteriorate the fragile well being of his leg. There may be no new changes , but it will also give you a chance to ask for guidance on what to do if a sudden bleeding episode happens again. There may be some suggestions of materials like ace wraps and heavy pads ( like menstrual pads) that can be applied to better check the bleeding while you seek help or simply control the episode better. Sudden bleeding is a sign to have the doctor recheck the leg again.

Good luck and we will all keeping you in our prayers.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  4:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Becky,
I strongly agree with Winnie- also is there a wound clinic by you to help get this wound under control- please look into it and get an appointment with his doctor asap!! I am keeping you both in my prayers, it is stressful when your beloved is not feeling well. You are in my prayers!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  5:45:27 PM  Show Profile
Becky,

I'll be praying for you both. I agree that he should see a doctor about the bleeding and how best to keep this from happening again.

Is he on any type of blood thinner medication or aspirin? Those can make any type of bleeding worse.

Lots of hugs to you,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  6:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Talked to the doctor and I told them what I was doing and he said that there really wasn't anything else we could do at this time. Just to keep an eye on it and make sure he doesn't bleed out again. I have not had much sleep monitoring him during the night but so far today, it has not bleed at all. The hole is not closed but at least there is no more bleeding. That is what concerns me the most. I have doctors orders of what to do and believe me I am following them to the letter. Poor Paul can't move without my getting in his face about not upsetting his leg. Over all he has been a good boy and the next 24 hours will tell us a lot. After that it will just be a matter of keeping it clean, dressed and protected from bumping into anything that could reopen it up. Just to give you an update on his leg/foot.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update - it's a step in the right direction :) Still praying for you both.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you.
Sending you a big hug too.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:32:20 PM  Show Profile
My friend works in a wound department of a hospital. They use a special kind of honey to pack long term wounds like the one you are talking about. You might want to research medical honey for wounds. Honey is suppose to have very special healing properties.
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  07:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Kem,
Thanks for the information. My husband remembers that they gave him that once when he went to the wound care clinic. I purchased it for him and am hoping that it will speed up his healing.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Praying for a complete healing for your husband and rest for you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your hubby!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  9:57:31 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this Becky and I am putting your husband in my prayers for healing and you for comfort from stressing too much.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  07:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I wanted to let everyone know that my husbands foot is healing nicely. The hole is almost closed over and there is very little seepage of blood coming out of it now. I want to thank you for your prayers and comments during this time for me. I could never had stayed as calm without your support for me at this time. So thank you all so very much.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  09:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news!! Thanks for the update.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile
That is great news Becky! I am continuing to keep you both in my prayers :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Becky, I just saw this post. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  5:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear the news.
Will still keep you both in prayer.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  7:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Becky what good news to hear that it is healing. I will continue my prayers for complete healing and strength for you through this.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

jerseygirlsue
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Susan
Mantua New Jersey
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  7:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
Just heard about the good news. I will still pray that the Lord holds you both close and keeps you strong. I also pray that he gives you both peace and wisdom to know how to keep taking care of this situation.
love and peace,
Susan
Farmgirl Sister #2555
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  8:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Just saw this. Sending prayers for continued improvement and healing.

God bless,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I Need Your Prayers Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page