Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 My favorite shopping place, not Walmart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic My favorite shopping place, not Walmart Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  03:59:31 AM  Show Profile
I am like everybody else and want a big bang for my buck. I have discovered that Facebook is the place to shop and sell. It is free and has amazing results. I have purchased or received free the following this summer: zucchini, pint canning jars, dehydrator, jewelry crimping beads, rubber stamps, and big mineral lick tubs to do container gardening in. I have sold an antique mirror and yesterday I sold a complete fake fireplace with decorations and accessories. I also sold parts of an old 1951 pickup on a local buy, sell, trade Nex-tech internet site. It was free to use all these services. People are selling everything from baby clothes, pets, campers, to motorcycle parts. Great thing is that it is for the most part, used and therfore, no tax. Whoo hoo, more product for my money.

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  05:20:36 AM  Show Profile
I never thought to use facebook for shopping. I refuse to shop at Walmart due to their underhanded practices & low salaries for their employees. I will have to pay more attention whenI'm facebook to see what is available. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  05:56:24 AM  Show Profile
You are right, it is a great place to shop
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile
How do you find a place to shop on Facebook?

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  4:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Denise, just go to one of the facebook groups you belong to and put a wanted notice on asking for what you want. I belong to local Facebook buy, sale, trade groups. I also watch antique and architechrual groups too because I like antiques. It is amazing if you ask for certain items people have it, or at least that has been my experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic My favorite shopping place, not Walmart Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page