Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall photography Next Topic  

Kat-Nina
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Katrina
North Plains Oregon
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  11:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Fall is my favorite time of year and in the past I have taken a ton of pictures of nature only to have the problem of what to do with the pictures down the road. May I recommend that you use this great time of year as a backdrop for family photos. My kids love to rake the leaves and then do a photo shoot. I will often just sit in the middle of them while the throw the leaves about and roll around together. We do these candids yearly and they show how the kids grow, their love for eachother and the wonderful fall colors on the west coast.
Also remember that these overcast skies are a blessing. You don't have to worry about shadows and bleached out faces. The even tones at mid day are great for pictures and often don't need a flash.
I know that many people are tempted to center their subject but often your pictures will be more interesting if they are just off center. Or use natural lines in your surrounding to draw the viewers eye around your picture. Use items of visual interest to create structure.
If you are taking the pictures of your family inside, do it near windows. Natual light is great for adding a peacful glow to the faces of your subjects.
I like to catch my friends and family doing everyday things and not so posy sittings but it is all in the eye of the beholder. Wait for that moment and be ready to cherish those memories because time goes by so fast and takes with it these sweet little moments. I love being our family photographer and am always searching for the next new angle to get my next shot. Happy shooting :).
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall photography Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page