Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  8:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I have been a little distant this year . I have had a lot of different emotions to deal with this past year. I am so glad I have a sweet and devoted husband that has not left my side through this year. First my Mom past away a terrible death she suffered. I was with her by my self when she took her last breathe. Then my son was sentenced to a federal prison for 2 years. It broke mine and my husbands heart. He was always such a wonderful son and still is in our hearts. He was president of his 4-H club for 5 years. Don't know how he got off track. Then my youngest son and his fiancee had a baby. My first grand daughter. They bought a place and moved out which is a happy event for them. But it seemed like all the people I loved so much in my life vanished all at once. Of course the new baby brought us joy and a blessing. I am hoping for a happier year. I know God has many plans for me his coming year. And he will never give me more than I can handle. It is time for me to renew my membership which I plan on doing tomorrow. Glad I am feeling better emotionally. Going to take one of the empty rooms and turn it into a craft/sewing room and move forward. Being able to jump off and on here in the last year and keeping up some with all my farming girls was a big help. Thank You, MaryJane's Farm....

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  8:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda, so sorry to hear you have been going through so much. You are right, God will never give you more than you can handle. Know that we are here for you whenever you need a hug or a shoulder to cry on. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Glad your hubby is so understanding and by your side. You are never alone. Big hug,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  05:26:30 AM  Show Profile

Dorinda,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been having such a difficult time...I too was with my mom and dad when they went on to be with the Lord...it is such a sad feeling in one way...but knowing they were not alone gave me a lot of comfort...hopefully in time you can find comfort in that too...so sorry about your son...the day and time we live in tends to have a way of leading even the best children astray...prayerfully this time will somehow lead him to God...and in the midst of the rain...the baby is the sunshine...how precious to have a sweet baby in your life...

Please know that in time things will get better...you just have to keep trusting God no matter the situation...we are here for you...if you need any of us all you have to do is just let us know...

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh my. So many things to deal with in such a short time frame. Bless you for you faith and understanding. I am sure that everyone around you, including your children, see your sweetness and faith and know that there is something different about you. That speaks more volumes than any words. Having had a child go astray for a time, myself, I can tell you that with prayer and patience, because we "raise them up in the way that they should go" very often they come back much stronger and more faithful. We can certainly pray for you and your family!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile
Dorinda so sorry for the loss of your mother. Hopefully your son will come out wiser and stronger once his time is served. I will pray for you and your family. I hope the grandchild will help bring much needed joy back into your life. Hugs to you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  11:11:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dorinda,

My goodness, you have been through so much. I'm sorry to hear what a hard year it has been for you. So glad you have a sweet new grand baby.

Farmgirl hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  2:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda...so sorry for your year of heart ache and empty nest. It's so hard and many of us have
been there too. The year I turned 50 was my really difficult year that I would never want to
go through again in a million life times. I have had other difficult years besides that but
that was the roughest. But when I think about what we each have gone through it makes me realize
that we are never alone...others have felt our pain too...and The God of The Valley is also
The God of The Mountain Top! And when LIFE IS TOUGH...He is Faithful!!

I pray a better year for you dear Farmsister.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 02 2013 2:57:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  3:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda, Wow, you have had quite a year. I know how much you miss your mother every day and I can't imagine the heartache you and your husband have with your son. So happy to hear that you also have some joy to balance your life. That granddaughter will be plenty important to you!

Best wishes for a better year ahead. So glad to know I will see more posts from you in the future.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda-
I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. It sounds like it has been a full year already! So, many things to deal with. Treasure every day- and every memory.

Love to you and your family!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic An emotional year... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page