Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Needing some prayers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Needing some prayers! Next Topic
Page: of 2

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  6:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I'm asking for all of you to cover our family in prayer! Life seems to be collapsing on us in some ways. We know God will see us through, but "when it rains it pours." I'll give you the short and the sweet of it in "list" form - and add some praises while I am at it.

- Our youngest, Aly, is almost 3 months old. Whatever was going on with her has seemed to settle down, and she is gaining weight - PRAISE GOD!!!
- My hubby is looking at a medical board for the military - he has been in almost 17 years, but due to back issues, they are looking at medically discharging or retiring him. If they discharge him, we lose all benefits from the military.
- As stated above, mu hubby is having major back issues. He had surgery two years ago. The pain is bad they have him on a narcotic patch, and he is taking additional narcotics on top of it a few times a week.
- I am having numerous health issues, including constant fatigue, heart palpitations, migraines, difficulty breathing, really bad swelling, etc. The doctors think I possibly have parathyroid disease and am in severe adrenal fatigue. I see the endocrinologist on Monday.
- I am also getting biopsied for cervical cancer on Thursday
- Our suburban, the only car big enough for our family eight, needs a new engine - a $3k investment.

Hmmmmm I think that is it. I'm trying to homeschool my other children on top of all of this, can apples, make ends meet financially, and quite honestly just keep my house from not falling down. Please please please pray for our family!!!

~ Shannon

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  6:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello Shannon.
I will be praying for you and your family. God will watch over you.
He knows your needs and will never leave you.
With friendship,

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3462 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3462 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  6:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Shannon
Oh my prayers are with you and your family. I pray you tests come back good. Life does seem so hard at times, even here with me but keep praying and looking at the positives.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  7:09:37 PM  Show Profile

Shannon,

It appears that things are really rough for you and your family right now...God promised us He would never leave us nor forsake us...and He won't leave you...sometimes in the midst of the storm we just have to be still and know He is God...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...praying also that God will give the doctors guidance and direction on how to help you and your husband with your health problems...and that he will provide what you need to get your car repaired.

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7623 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7623 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile
dear Shannon,
I am praying for you and your hubby and little Aly. I pray that the Military will straighten the problem out and keep him in the military. I pray that little Aly will continue to gain weight and her little cheeriness will keep you all from stressing as much, I pray that your biopsy turns out clear and that all your other heath symptoms will just go away and you will feel really good soon. God is so good and He is there with you now with His loving arms protecting you all right now.
Hugs and blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  07:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,
I am keeping you and your family very close to my heart and in my daily prayers. I understand when it feels as if the walls are coming down, most often, for me, I need to listen to HIM more than my stubborn way of thinking that I can control- dear my heart is with you. I'm on my knees!

Love to you,
Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  08:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Shannon will be praying for you and your family. Hopefully some of these problems will resolve over the next few weeks in a positive way. I hope the doctors visit will help and they get you back to health and feeling better so you can tackle life head on. Prayers and hugs to you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Sep 23 2013 10:02:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13636 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13636 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  12:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
You truly have a lot to deal with . . . I will be praying for strength, confidence, direction . . . EVERYTHING that the Lord provides.
He KNOWS and He is ABLE!
Praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  12:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow Shannon, hang in there!

Praise God that Aly is doing better!!! Awesome news! I a praying for continued healing for Aly, healing for both you and your honey and for the biopsy come out in your favor. I am also praying for the Lord to provide the means for a new engine.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Small update on things here - looks like all my symptoms are caused by my adrenal glands. We find out on the 8th where all the issues are stemming from (hopefully), but from the labs thus far, they are saying I should not be functioning at all with it being the way it is, let alone taking care of and home schooling 6 kiddos. It is kinda nice knowing there is a reason for my "laziness," yet frustrating to not be able to do anything about it yet. Praising God for some answers!!!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  7:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am sorry that you are facing so much all at once.
You sound like an amazingly strong mother and wife. I will pray that the doctors can resolve your adrenal gland issue, and will also pray that your husbands condition improves a s well.
Sending hugs and blessings your way!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7623 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7623 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  7:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon,
My prayers will continue for you and that they find the problem fast.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  1:41:35 PM  Show Profile
Shannon glad they know why you are so tired just hope they can help you with that. I will keep praying they can fix the problem and you will be feeling better.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  5:49:48 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,

I understand and I'll gladly be praying for you and yours!

Many hugs,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  10:19:32 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your family.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Keeping you in prayer. :)

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:57:38 PM  Show Profile
I pray that God will give you the peace that passeth all understanding.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  08:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! Saw the endocrinologist yesterday. Apparently I have 5-6 things wrong with me, with the main one being Primary Aldosteronism. I am to have an MRI with contrast within the next two weeks to determine if it is due to a mass. If not, we will be heading to John Hopkins to catheterize my adrenal glands to figure out what is going on :/ Apparently the level of aldosterone I have is very dangerous for my heart. The endocrinologist says we have to figure this out SOON!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7623 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7623 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  1:52:47 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,

What is Aldosterone? Are you talking about your kidneys?
Well I will keep you in my prayers and pray that the doctors can soon find out what is causing all this.
May God watch over you and wrap you in his arms through all this.
Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for a good outcome Shannon and I hope they get this figured out. Keep us updated when you know something.Hugs to you all.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  5:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Shannon!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7623 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7623 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  9:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Still praying for you and your family Shannon.
Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  09:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! Wanted to send an update. Apparently I have been in adrenal fatigue for at least the last 4 years. My MRI results have come in - I have a mass on my adrenal gland along with one on my liver. I also have an enlarged heart, enlarged liver, and numerous abdominal cysts. I meet with a surgeon on the 1st to discuss the removal of the adrenal mass. It is this that is causing many of my problems. I'm pretty anxious about the procedure, largely because I am exclusively nursing my 4 month old daughter.

Darlene - you had asked what aldosterone is - it is one of the main hormones that your adrenal gland produces. It is a large player in the balance between your sodium and potassium level, maintaining a normal blood pressure. Due to the mass, my adrenal gland is producing too much... and the excess is attacking my heart and blood vessels, along with increasing my blood pressure. I'm hitting the point to where I am a walking tick-bomb. My blood pressure is getting crazy high, and medications are not able to normalize it - all because of this mass.

Continued prayers are appreciated and I will try to get on here more often.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:28:26 AM  Show Profile
I am still praying Shannon, for healing and for peace and strength!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13636 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13636 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  5:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
Thanks for the updates . . . and I will continue to pray for answers so you know where to go, what to do next, etc.
I'm sure it's all kind of scary!
PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  04:36:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Shannon! I just wish I could make it all better, sweet sister! I'm praying for you and your family. Love and hugs to you - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Needing some prayers! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page