Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 From the Front Range to the Appalachians!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From the Front Range to the Appalachians! Next Topic
Page: of 2

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Sisters!

My name is Ashley Simpson-Neiger! I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. It's a long and complicated story, hope y'all don't mind.

My husband and I just re-located to Neville Island in Pittsburgh from Boulder, CO. We still own our home in Colorado (no, it's not underwater yet) and plan to get back as much as possible. It was a difficult decision, but we decided to move back east in order to help my aging 'parents-in-love' (I don't like the in-law thing) with their 108 acre farm in Brockway, PA, about two hours east of the city. So, I guess you could say I'm a little bit of mountain, city, and rural farm gal!

When I'm not getting dirty in a garden or throwing hay bales, I enjoy stage managing for professional and community theatres. I even enjoy being on stage every now again! My husband and I own our own small business that provides energy efficiency and lighting control services. (Please visit www.pec-psi.com if you are interested). I tried to become a vet tech, but it was too clinical and stressful for me. I'd rather just raise some animals on a farm of my own. Other than that, my real farm-girl passion is cooking, canning, and sharing what I harvest. My husband and I would eventually love to open up a hobby business that combines my passion for local, organic and seasonal food and his passion for music, art, and sustainability.

I'm so very excited to be apart of this fantastic group. I'd love to hear about what some of your farm girl passions are, where you're from, and what you love to eat! I'd also love to find some girls in the Pittsburgh area who may be interested in starting a chapter with me. I'm starving for some company of those who love to stick their feet in the ground. Cheers everyone!

A ship is always safe in its harbor, but that is not what a ship is for.

AshleyLucy

Edited by - AshleyLucy85 on Sep 16 2013 7:06:13 PM

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5185 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5185 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  6:47:58 PM  Show Profile
A warm Tennessee Welcome Ashley!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  7:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie! You're my first post

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  09:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ashley!!!!! I know you will love it here. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I live in a small city of approx. 11,000 people. I have a small vegetable garden and quite a few flowers. The only animal I have is a Yorkie named Olivia. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  09:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello Janet!

Michigan is one of the states I've lived in! I was in a town called Saginaw. Are you familiar? Only lived there for a couple of years when I was around 7 or 8. From there, my parents and I moved across the big pond to King's Lynn, England for the next four years.

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  12:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ashley! You will love it here.......I'm in Dallas, Texas... originally from Chicago! The gals on here are so terrific and helpful and kind and caring. If you have a question of any kind.... there is a farmgirl that will be able to help you out! Visit the Virtual Porch, just one of the multitude of great forums!! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

proseharley
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

ROSE
dover ohio
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ashley I am also new and trying to find out how things work. From Dover Ohio.
Happy hunting around,

Rose #5393
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  4:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ashley from Florida!! My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Boulder a few years ago.. What a beautiful place!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  9:25:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! You will make lots of friends and have a ton of fun here on the farm. Enjoy!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I am also new here, but this is such an amazing place! Lots of wisdom and friendship! I'm born and bred Cali beach girl, that finally grew tired of the constant sunshine, so we moved to Washington! Where is has rained more in the last week than it did in a year back in CA!!! And I love it! No garden yet, and my pressure canner was left behind (on accident :( of course...) but right now, I am working on various sewing projects. With Halloween coming up, I am trying to make my young-uns costumes instead of paying a foot and a half! I look forward to the getting to know you part!

Ally

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  07:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Ashley,

A warm welcome to Farmgirls! I hope you are inspired by the wonderful folks here. I am from Southwest Wyoming and share a ranch with my lovely parents-in-love.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:34:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. I can't wait to get to know each of you. I've noticed there are a lot of mommies! Im not there yet, but we've started trying just a couple of weeks ago! So excited!

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  12:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, welcome to the farm! Boy, do I wish you lived close by, I'd love to have your help with all things "stage". I am teaching drama this year to our homeschool co-op and feel alittle over my head. I've been on stage and thru drama, but teaching it is a different animal! I may have to hit you up for advise! Ha!

Anyway, enjoy yourself here, there are a lot of great ladies to meet and wonderful leasons to learn!

Look forward to getting to know you!
Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  12:59:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shanda,

I would love to give any advice you may need:-) What ages are you teaching? I've always compared organizing actors to trying to herd cats.

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shanda,

I would love to give any advice you may need:-) What ages are you teaching? I've always compared organizing actors to trying to herd cats.

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

AshleyLucy85
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
pittsburgh PA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shanda,

AshleyLucy
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley!

Welcome from Northeast PA in the Pocono Mountains!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

danyel
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Danyel
Robertsdale PA
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  3:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley, welcome to the farm. Glad to see another PA farm girl. I am about 2 hours from Pittsburgh.

Danyel
Farmgirl sister 4202
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  6:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ashley,

Welcome, welcome to the Connection!
Great place to be!
ENJOY!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  08:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Ashley,

We have children from preschool to 18 yrs old! Talk about a group! We are learning terms and history about the stage right now. I hope to take the kids on a tour of a theater soon. We are working up to doing a play, possibly Peter Pan. The kids are even taking a sewing class from two other moms so they can make the costumes. They are over the moon about the whole thing! Playing acting games and challanges really get them pumped up, and helps them develop their voices and body language. Pray for us sister, it's going to be a fun journey!
Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  11:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to this wonderful group Ashley!

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

Mimmzie
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jonna
Caldwell Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Welcome From an Idaho gal I understand the behind and onstage life of teenage pageant girls. What a job Kudos!

You can call me Mimmzie I am not the last one but I am unique. (Farm girl 5443)
Go to Top of Page

Mimmzie
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jonna
Caldwell Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  11:34:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome From an Idaho gal I understand the behind and onstage life of teenage pageant girls. What a job Kudos!

You can call me Mimmzie I am not the last one but I am unique. (Farm girl 5443)
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  12:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi AshleyLucy and welcome from Wisconsin! I know you'll enjoy it here. So many folks living the lifestyle you've also chosen. How wonderful that you're also going to help out your DH's folks on their farm. Lots of farmgals here who will happily share advice if you have questions. You're going to love being here! Enjoy!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

proseharley
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

ROSE
dover ohio
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  07:20:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by proseharley

Welcome Ashley I am also new and trying to find out how things work. From Dover Ohio.
Happy hunting around,

Rose #5393

Rose #5393
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  07:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ashley from Florissant, CO. It is chilly here but still lots of sun, sure does not feel like winter yet, which as you know unusual.
I hope you enjoy your temporary home in PA and will be able to come back home to Colorado one day.
Enjoy the farm, the farmgirls are wonderful here.
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From the Front Range to the Appalachians! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page