Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Next Topic  

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  1:24:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm starting this post for a couple of reasons. I have health issues and want to start taken OACV daily, and this is a place to record my progress. I also hope others who are already taken OACV will give some sage advise (I've read many post from some of you who do this daily and it's inspired me to start). And perhaps others with health issues may want to join in on this journey.

I found an article on the top 10 benefits of OACV and they are:
1.Anti-inflammatory
2.Weight Loss
3.Clears Skin
4.Clears Dandruff
5.Arthritis
6.Lowers glucose in diabetic
7.Lowers bad cholesterol
8.Helps digestion/acid reflux
9.Protects against Cancer
10.helps with yeast infections

The only things I don't have on that list is #5 and #10. So this sounds like the "cure" for me.

So I decided to start on Wed. this week with a recipe I got off the internet: 4oz cold water and 1 TBSP OACV (Braggs, with the mother).
Not good. It smelled like I was about to dye easter eggs, so I took a very small sip. That wasn't too bad, so I took a huge gulp. OH MY! It not only tasted disgusting, it burnt my throat all the way down! The rest of the stuff went down the drain. (Probably helped my pipes!)
So on Thurs, I used the recipe on the bottle: 8oz cold water 1 tsp OACV and 1tsp honey. This actually tasted pleasant. The bottle said to do this 3X a day, so I made another "dose" to take to work. But then my throat started burning and I was belching all day. So I did not take the 2nd or 3rd dose. Today I tried the same recipe with Hot water, very pleasant and my throat didn't burn at all. And no belching. I think tomorrow I'll try 2 doses and build my way up from there. No change in anything yet, but I don't expect to notice any change for at least a week.

Just a quick rundown on my health issues (so I can see how I improve):
I have severe fibromyalsia (just in the hospital this last weekend due to severe pain/flare up) I have severe acid reflux, the doc wants to do surgery to make the flap on my stomach one-way because of damage to my esophagus and lungs(no way, doc!). I sleep in a adjustable bed because I cannot lay down flat at all. Over weight (oh yeah) boarder line diabetic, severe acne/redness of the face, IBS, Cancer survivor. I'm not whining, this is just my issues I want to over come. I am a very blessed person and if I had to live the rest of my life this way, I'd still be a very blessed person. I just think there could be a better way. I'm already wheat-free, red meat-free, chemical-free home.

So let's see what this will do. Looking forward to your advise! And here's to better health! (click)

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  11:54:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to see your post on this! I had recently read an article talking about how great Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is for you. Do you know if it has to say 'Organic' on the label? I looked at the store and noticed the ones that said 'Organic' also said non-pasturized (which I thought wasn't good). So I wasn't sure what to buy.

Thanks for the warning about it burning your throat. I have a lot of throat issues and am worried about that very issue. So if I do try it, I'll be sure to dilute it with plenty of water. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out for you!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3458 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3458 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  07:23:34 AM  Show Profile
I have been taking Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar each day for just over a year now. I take it for seasonal and cat allergies and boy it does work. It also helps my aches and no telling what else. I do not much care for the taste but absolutely love the results. Hope it works this well for everyone else.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  07:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Kelly - does it say Organic on the label?

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  2:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Ruby, Mine does say "organic" but I think the important part is called "the mother". And I think that "the mother" only happens in non-pasteurized apple cider vinegar. I'm still learning all this too so I may be wrong. I found Braggs at my local grocery story.

2nd day with the hot water recipe, and just a slight burning down the throat. I think my esophagus needs some healing! I think the honey and hot water will help with that, and as the acid reflux is more controlled my throat will get better.

Kelly, how do you take it?

And Ruby, good luck, let me know how it goes!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

littlepurpleflower
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

21 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  4:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting this! I am very curious to know how it helps you. I deal with inflammation and psoriasis. I am going gluten free and we also have a chemical free home and our food is hormone free/antibiotic free too. Please let us know how you are doing!

Blessings,
Michelle
Sister #4962

a flower to bring a smile! :)
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3945 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3945 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile
I just purchased a bottle of Bragg's. Can't wait to see if it helps with the pains in my hip and knees.

Try everything once. The fun things try twice.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3458 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3458 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  9:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Ruby, yes it does say organic on the label.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  06:08:16 AM  Show Profile
I've been doing the ACV in a tall glass of ice cold water every day for about 6 years now. It took a bit to get used too, but the icier the water, the easier it is to drink. My husband started drinking it for his heartburn and it cures that instantly. He has been drinking it faithfully now for about 4 or 5 years. We both had spurs in our heels and that problem has disappeared. My husband's was so bad that he had to sleep in a prescription boot, but after 3 months of the ACV, he didn't need it any more.

The organic vinegar has the "mother" in it. That is the magic ingredient and why it works. Very few studies have been done on ACV because it can't be patented. So no money in it for the pharmaceutical companies. It does help tremendously on everything Shanda listed. I can testify to 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  11:47:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello Dawn, I think I saw you post on another thread about ACV and that led me to look into it more. Thank you for sharing your knowledge! I'm very hopeful.

My throat is taking the ACV better, this morning's dose didn't burn at all. So i am uping my dose to twice a day, once in the a.m. and once in the p.m.

I am looking forward to improvements and will let you know how it goes.
Blessings,

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3945 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3945 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  9:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Had my first dose today and it wasn't so bad.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:43:53 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I had to go back to one dose in the morning. I had the worst case of heart burn after my second dose. I probably waited to late to drink it. I also wonder if everything gets worst before it gets better. When doing other fast/cleansing I know alot of yukky stuff happens while cleaning out the bad so the good can work better. I don't know if OACV works that way. I a patiently awaiting better days.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  03:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing all this information, Shanda! You know, back in high school, my favorite after school snack was fresh veggies (usually carrots or cucumbers) doused in apple cider vinegar. I had the clearest skin, but never even made the connection. My godson has terrible, painful acne, the poor kid. I wonder if this might help him... I'm going to talk with my foster daughter and see if he might give it a try! I'm definitely going to give it a whirl, too, for some of the ailments listed. Our grocery store just started carrying Braggs - bought my first bottle last week! YAY! :) Thanks again - you ROCK farmgirl! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  1:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello Nini, I hope you and your godson get good results using OACV!

So, for now I am using the hot water/OACV/honey method just once in the morning. I did start to notice a clearing up on my face, but then I got a bag of chocolates...you know, just to decorate for fall, pretty little kisses all in fall colors....darn it. Haven't notice any change in pain levels, but with all the weather fronts this time of year I'm sure it would be hard to notice. I'll keep at it, stay away from the pretty little chocolates, and keep on keeping on. Here I come health!

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3945 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3945 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  9:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I have been taking apple cider vinegar in iced water for about a week now. I don't even measure it. I just put ice in a 16 oz glass and pour some in the bottom then fill the glass with water.

I have noticed that my energy is up and my body does not need as much downtime as it used to after strenuous activity. Pain in the knees is still there but the horrible pain in my left hip has not come back.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  1:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Marie!!! That is awesome!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  04:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Shanda,
thank you for the info. I also have several things on the list,
including Fibromyalgia. However, I found that the AVC made me more
achy. So I will try easing into it this time.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3945 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3945 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  9:24:44 PM  Show Profile
I have been taking one dose a day for almost a month. My first bottle is almost empty. When I start the next bottle, I will start taking two doses per day. I feel more energetic and my knees and hips do not hurt as much. My next move is to work on getting up from a sitting position on the floor without holding on the something.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page