Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 100th Anniversary of the Banana Split!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 100th Anniversary of the Banana Split!!! Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  4:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!!!

Well, whaddya know? You learn something every day! This week is "Banana Split Week," and it's the 100th Anniversary of the first banana split ever made right here at the now gone Strickler's Pharmacy in Latrobe, PA!

http://triblive.com/lifestyles/adminpage/4526409-74/banana-latrobe-split#axzz2cq1goYqI

They went to a lot of trouble to prove they were the first, too! LOL!

Works for me! Any excuse for ice cream! And banana splits are my hubby's favorite! Hope you'll be celebrating the banana split this weekend, too!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  4:55:18 PM  Show Profile
I used to get a hot fudge bannana split at a soda shop when I was a kid back home in Missouri, havn't thought about that in a long time, thanks for bringing up such sweet memories for me...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  5:22:28 PM  Show Profile
When I was a child, we sometimes had Banana Splits for dinner in the summertime

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  8:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Tina! I know what you mean!!! Our son is out of town, so after talking about our childhood ice cream memories, my hubby and I sneaked out for three scoops down memory lane tonight... Mmmm... Forgot how good and fun it could be having ice cream in the car, just the two of us! :) My husband remarked to the girl at the counter that they must've had a lot of requests for banana splits this week. She rolled her eyes and laughed, "You can't even imagine. You should see our garbage can! It's all banana peels!"

Sharon - You must have the coolest parents in the world! Pun intended! LOL! If you really think about it, how bad can it be? You've got bananas, strawberries, pineapple, icy milk, nuts, a cherry... fruit and dairy! Sure the whipped cream and chocolate is a little overboard, but it's certainly not the worst dinner you can have! :) <Just a little pseudo-Cosby humor, there!> You must've been the envy of the neighborhood! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  8:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Sharon - I forgot to mention that my grandparents were famous for taking us out to Newport Creamery for a black cow on a hot summer night... Do you remember those? Grandma would always make them for us, too, instead of a rootbeer float. Yum! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 100th Anniversary of the Banana Split!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page