Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you could live in another time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could live in another time Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  10:26:19 PM  Show Profile
an Egyptian Goddess hehe
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  11:28:52 PM  Show Profile
When our power goes out here, I look forward to it. I like the peace and quiet, it gave people time to focus on their family. They didnt have all kinds of board games and cards. People these days are spoiled rotten. I don't have a dryer and I don't want one. We only get 3 channels on TV. We ONLY heat with wood(we have oil, but only use it as back up or in extreme cold) My neighbor is always bringing veggies, and we always keep an eye on the fencing throughout the woods that we share. He gave us full permission to get firewood from his 90 acres. The town where we live is growing so fast, but if it could stay 1950s I would be happy with that. My husband and I really enjoy the simple life PLUS Playstation 2<- for him, not ME!!!

Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well-lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  04:04:38 AM  Show Profile
oh wouldn't it be wonderful to 'visit' from the beginning of time!!! would love to have actual BEING THERE 'time' from cave-man/woman days to present time and into the FUTURE! (from ALL parts of the world) ... oh wouldn't we all have much more 'understanding' for different cultures could we but do this! it would be incredible to experience life as it really was before 'written' history. and oh my gosh .. THE FUTURE ... where the world's future is yet to be written. when visiting museums, reading books and seeing films of different eras .. we often see the 'good and the bad' .. (as i once read and never forgot: "LIFE'S AN INSTANT REPLAY")

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile
I would definitely have been a homesteader in the west during the late nineteenth-century. I'm a big fan of the Little House books as well. I know it's not all about the romantic notions we have of homesteading (I'm writing my thesis about it!) but I think that level of hard work and self-sufficiency would be highly rewarding. And I love the "big sky" and openness of the western prairies.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

joy
Merced Ca.
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  8:37:35 PM  Show Profile
I think of those days as kinder and gentler, but maybe I am wrong about that. Don't you miss a man being a protecter and keeper of his home? Where respect for women and children was #1. I find now that it takes 2 incomes to have a home. Parents are harried and worried and out of time. I guess I just have a dream of "kinder and gentler." A time of respect for everyone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could live in another time Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page