Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Trick or Treat!-Mail Out Tomorrow!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Trick or Treat!-Mail Out Tomorrow! Next Topic
Page: of 8

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:52:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm with kymomma4 - I plan on making some and peppering in a few little purchased things. For what it is worth, I make a significant effort to buy USA made goods - I'm with you on not buying "offshore" produced things.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5176 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5176 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! Judy and Marlee! I will make some and buy some and I love Vintage, so I always add vintage to my swaps.I always try to keep the Farm Feel in mind when I am shopping, and I am always looking for unique things that reflect the Farm Girl Style.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  1:01:37 PM  Show Profile
I plan on buying everything locally handmade or USA made. My handmade arts are not very good I would rather purchase something cute and in my style from a local crafter.

“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.”

http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/A/ambernoah-welcome.html
Go to Top of Page

ChickenElla
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Robbi
Caseyville Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  1:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok. Thanks ladies. Phew! Y'all made me feel a lot better about this :) I'm just having a rough day and didn't mean to come off as negative or anything. This has actually cheered me up. It's the little things I guess :)

~rs
ChickenElla
Sister #5373
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:48:15 PM  Show Profile
I too will make a bit and buy a bit. I am not as crafty as some wonderful farmgirls here, however I dearly love all handmade items everyone makes.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5176 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5176 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  5:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Robbi, you didn't sound Neg. at all! I support Etsy and local crafters. I myself am not great at all crafts, I have my few things I do. Also here IN TENNESSEE, the Fall Festivals will begin and I find the most Amazing little Hand Crafted items there every year! and I will mix those in with things that are fun and useful! If you have not done an ATC(Artist Trading CARD) swap, you should join, I use the ones from the last 3 years to decorate my 4th of July Tree and then Fall Tree. I love looking at the back and reading my Farm sisters name and I use greetings cards too, Some Farm Sisters are better than Hallmark at Making cards!Hugs!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7628 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7628 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  10:38:48 PM  Show Profile
I don't make a lot of crafts but I do hunt around and find things here and there and if I do have home made, I put that in too.

I think if you make things that is great, I love home made too, alot. It is really nice to receive home made gifts they are very special.
hugs
I am glad you joined.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  11:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Connie, you are wonderful at crafting...don't even say that you're not!!! I too love everything vintage. I will be making some things and buying some things. I don't know whether everything I will buy will be made in the USA though....so many cute things are made overseas. I hope my partner loves vintage that's all I can say :)

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

ChickenElla
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Robbi
Caseyville Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  11:28:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm not into candy much, so I plan on making some treats too! ...think popcorn balls or candied nuts. I just got a food dehydrator at a yard sale for $2 (so proud of that!) and I've got apple chips in there right now...maybe my partner will get a few?? Who knows! haha. Just because you aren't "crafty" doesn't mean you can't make stuff :))) I think a hand written letter would be awesome too. No one does that anymore...well, other than my grandmother, of course. She STILL writes me letters, even though I just recently moved fairly close to her and see her all the time haha.

~rs
ChickenElla
Sister #5373
Go to Top of Page

Oakie
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Dee
Clay Hill Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  07:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Okay I have to ask these questions because now I'm really confused. I thought this swap was about making or buying a trick-or- treat bag and putting in fun stuff, of course candy, and maybe a few nick knacks that are cheap, that we look at and say awwww that is so cute, but never get it for ourselves. I'm talking about the nick knack stuff we all see in the Halloween isle at Walmart that are about 1-2 dollars. Maybe throw in some cute hand towels, pot holders, to decorate with. (VERY SIMPLE) Some posts are saying homemade gifts, making food ect... Nothing wrong with that but.... I live in Florida so anything I make (food) will not last even to the border without going bad due to the heat. Crafty stuff is fine.. but I have been working on Christmas stuff. I don't even have any crafty Halloween stuff. I understand a lot of farm girls have been here for a long time and know how all these swaps go, but to new girls (like me) it is a little over whelming seeing posts that talk about crafting this baking that. Now I know some hate products from China and refuse to buy them. Well when you state that and someone gets your name for the swap and they don't have a lot of money and china products is what they can only afford it puts them in a hard spot. I was always taught it is the thought that counts....So am I missing anything here, did I read the thread wrong? Yes I have signed up for this swap and yup I bought some cute cheap china products.

Dee
Sister #5303
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” Sherrilyn Kenyon, Acheron
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Dee, There is no wrong treat to put in your treat bag. Each of us has unique ideas, weather they be crafts, cooking, or finding really cute decor that we would not buy for ourselves. We are having a really long stretch of hot weather here,, so I would hesitate to send chocolate also, but I am hoping by the time I ship my bag, it will have cooled off a little, if not, I will find a replacement. Once you get your partner and start corresponding a little with her, finding out her likes and dislikes and if she has any food allergies (always something to be aware of) you will get a better idea of how you want to pack your bag. The most important thing to remember though, it is not necessarily what the package contains, but more importantly making a new friend and brightening a farm girls day.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ChickenElla
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Robbi
Caseyville Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  08:05:27 AM  Show Profile
I like the way you put that at the end, Julie. And I agree that it IS the thought that counts. So lets all think about and focus on what we CAN do rather than what we can not :)

~rs
ChickenElla
Sister #5373
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  08:41:52 AM  Show Profile
Dee I think whatever you buy will be exciting, not matter where it is manufactured. I think the point is just to make someone's day by having a little package sitting on the doorstep.

“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.”

http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/A/ambernoah-welcome.html
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  12:13:33 PM  Show Profile

If it's possible that someone from the Netherlands can join the swap I would love too.

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Monique,
If anyone would rather not mail overseas, please let me know before I pick partners.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5176 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5176 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  4:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Robbi, I write a lot of hand written letters and you will find as you are out and about on the Forum, many do! I myself love it! Most of us on this thread make homemade cards from scraps of Paper and Buttons, things around the house, and ATC card which is made from a old Playing card, or you can just write a note, none of us are Van Gogh! We just try and put a little thought in our swaps, one of the best things I got once was 4 postage stamps! along with a handmade card and some new pens. and if you have been A farm girl even a week, you know we use a lot of Stamps! LOL!! I buy things that catch my eye, if it is cute, and I think someone would like it, I don't care where it is made except Candy, I will not buy candy made in china from anywhere!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  4:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Been working on my package, so much fun.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5176 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5176 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  4:22:15 PM  Show Profile
I am working on mine too! Sherry, I just saw you have an Etsy store! I want all of it!! I bought me a birthday present! LoL!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  09:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Rodonna
I am excited to see we are trading partners. I sent you an email

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  11:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Okay,Sherry ... I hope you won't be to disappointed, but I will be making MOST of your items ... ha! Most are done ... just tweeking ...

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Connie!
SOOOOO glad to be partners with you friend!
Let the fun begin.....
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  3:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie, Sent you an email for the swap!! Happy Halloweeny!!!

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  8:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Yay Kelly! I'm getting excited!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  03:46:29 AM  Show Profile
I received an email from my partner, Julie ....treelady, and i'm so looking forward to this wonderful swap. I have already started making something and i have some ideas of what to buy.

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5176 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5176 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  1:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy! So Happy to be your Partner! I am working on your goodies and will be certain to get them there by the last week in September!HUGS! Connie

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Trick or Treat!-Mail Out Tomorrow! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page