hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back!!!! I updated the information and resent everyone the list :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I'm glad to be back! What a year! PHEW!! lol I look forward to all the fun there is to be had here at MaryJanes.

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  5:31:19 PM  Show Profile
Ladies ... I use to be on the pen pal list a few years back. Sadly my pen pal stopped answering my letters ... my only hope is she is really fine and life just got in the way. That said I would love to be added to this list again. Do you need any specific info on me before I get a pen pal? If so I can supply you with some basic information: 54 years old, married 34 years, 3 grown children, 2 adorable grand daughters, not working outside the home at present, live on a few acres with some critters, love the old fashion skills set
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  05:05:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy :) I have no clue how the old list was done, as I was not part of it.... All I do is put everyone interested on the list with their address and you chose who you want to write... It can be as many or few people as you desire :) PM me your mailing address and I will make sure I add you to the list and send it out to everyone :) If you do not get it in a day or two, remind me, as I seem awfully forgetful lately... I'll blame it on little sleep and homeschooling all the kiddos ;)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  05:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
I haven't done pen pals since I was a kid... I'd love to meet some farm sisters this way.

I am a Christian, wife and grandmother. Also animal lover.

My interests include scrapbooking, quilting, to a lesser extent embroidery, knitting, crocheting, needlework.
I love to oil paint, but haven't painted in a year- love to paint birds.
I read quite a bit and have a terrible procrastination problem,,, so much to do, so much time, I think I'll read. Ha ha.

I am trying to go more green, learning to make cleaning and personal products, and gardening. I would like to become more self sufficient and have some food storage. After watching this big East Coast blizzard, I realize that I need more food on my shelf than some beans and tuna!!

Since I am now retired, I enjoy an occasional craft or quilting retreat. I'm going to an organic gardening class in a few months at a farm that is entirely organic. I still haven't figured out how to deal with my garden and these long, hot Central Texas summers.
Have a great Day!
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile
I have sent out the newest penpal list, adding Tammy and Mary. Somehow I lost my contact group for this group in my e-mail account, so I redid it. If for some reason you do not get the e-mail, please let me know, as I might have missed a page or two in the list! Thanks :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Churchgal1977
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Donna
Portsmouth Va
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  7:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!!! Please put me on the list for pen pals!! I love writing letters and receiving them ! I will answer all mail .. I am 56 years young and do private duty care for a 92 year old lady ! I am. Christian woman who loves the old fashion ways that lives in the suburbs on two acres . I pretend it's a lot more land and I am in a Farmhouse . Bloom where planted #128563; i am married to my high school sweetheart who I have been with since I was 15 .. Going on 39 years .. Out of that amazing journey we have three beautiful girls and 2 amazing gkids.. I am a critter mom to four birds aka city chickens and two lil dogs .. I love to crochet !! I love all crafts but crochet has my heart .. Please let me know what I need to do now .. Thanks do much !!

Hugs y'all !!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  05:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Donna - it is lovely meeting you! If you could please PM me your mailing address, I will be add you to the list and get you a copy of everyone's address. If you click on my user name in red, it will bring up a screen, that includes an "email" button. Thanks :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
Go to Top of Page

Churchgal1977
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Donna
Portsmouth Va
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  09:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Shannon! I emailed you my address.. Thanks so much .. Thanks for explaining how to do it !!

Hugs y'all !!
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  6:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, I would like to join in as well. We live in a rural area with a small chunk of land. We have two children, 13 & 17. I have 5 goats, 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, and just a few old chickens, 2 ducks and 2 guinea hens.

I do have a bachelors degree in animal science, but currently just working as a tutor at a middle school.

I feel as if I am in the midst of all unfinished projects. I like artsy stuff, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of time. I enjoy being outside.

Diana
Go to Top of Page

GentleSouL
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Sheryl
Lynn Ma.
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  09:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Send GentleSouL an AOL message
Hello. I am. New to the this and I would be more than happy to have a pen pal I would love to be added to your list.

Thank you

Sheryl
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join the penpal list too
would like to get aquainted with some sister farmgirls.

Teresa
sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

hawksnest
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Connie
Duncannon PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  12:22:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon
Can I be added to the penpal list. I am a farmgirl @heart, living on a small "funfarm". We grow lots of fruits and vegs and keep our own chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, goats and bees. My husband and I still work full time but love to come home to the peace and quiet of the land and the love of our animals.

Connie Hawkins
Hawksnest

"When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an adventure is going to happen" A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  12:38:40 PM  Show Profile
I will try to work on this later tonight... please make sure you PM me your mailing address :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  07:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I have been working on our penpal list and am in need of a few things...

Sheryl - aka GentleSouL - could you please post a little about yourself, as well as PM me your mailing address.

Teresa - aka Kangaroo Kate - Can you please also post a little about yourself?

Connie - aka hawksnest - Would you please PM me your address?

Thank you so much!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  2:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Shannon
Can you email me your email me your address or do you want me to put info on here about me for pen pal.
Teresa. #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  3:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Teresa - either way works for me :) I just usually put a little summary on the list, so that everyone knows a little bit, so they can decide who to write. I do not assign specific pencils, but rather each individual can choose as many or as few pencils as they want :) Most of us have just put a little bit about ourselves on here, and I copy and paste it :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  5:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Im teresa. Sister #5106. Kangaroo Kate

I of course like kangaroos since i have. 8 adults and 3 joeys in the pouch about to be pulled and put on the bottle. I also have a wonderful llama his job is to be. Guard. I have 2 spoiled hens:-) 1. Spoiled friendly turkey. I am a Christian. I am about finished with restoring my 46" floor loom hope to gt it back to use soon i had it stored past 20 years. I. Have a spinning wheel trying to learn to spin. I like books i like to draw been a while since i have done much. I am a herbalist make my own formulas. I like yard sales and thrift stores.
I like goats and most farm animals. Want to garden again soon as my health is better. I just suffered a mild stroke a week ago am i rehab now. I am on dialysis waiting to see if accepted on transplant list. Been on dialysis almost 11 years.
Teresa. (Kangaroo kate)
Sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  7:36:21 PM  Show Profile
I would like a pen pal please. I have Celiac Disease and am Gluten and Wheat free as well as other food allergies. It would be great to have a pen pal with some of the same food issues that I have, so we can exchange recipes and information.
Please let me know what information you need.
Thank you.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  05:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie :) PM me your mailing address, and I will add you to the list. Just an FYI - I do not assign penpals... you will get a list with everyone on there and can pick and choose who you want to write :) Our family is GF and I am sure there are more!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Our family is GF Deb, although I am not strict for myself I am for the kids so I only cook gf meals. I'm on the list and you have my address!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  10:00:45 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - I was 99% positive you were, but figured I would let you address that :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  9:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sabrina and Shannon, I would love to swap recipes and information, I will write you both.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  3:48:54 PM  Show Profile