Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic What to do in Boulder, Co. area Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  05:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Going to be in the Boulder area for 10 days for medical treatment. Would you share what there is to see and do? Best scenic drives, hikes, museums, thrift stores, used book stores, food, craft and stampin stores etc and anything else I forgot.

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  11:23:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad you are able to sight see in addition to your main purpose for visiting Boulder. I really enjoyed seeing the Leanin Tree Museum filled with western art (it will inspire even those who don't care for western art). I love the bronze works (many are life size) and the oil paintings are so wonderful. For more information visit http://www.leanintreemuseum.com
I also had fun visiting the Celestial Seasonings Tea Company. They give tours. For more information visit http://www.celestialseasonings.com
These are places I never miss when going to Boulder area on vacation. I have been to them three times each and I think they are "must visit" attractions.
Have fun and best to you!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  3:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, if I'm ever in the Boulder area, I would like to visit Naropa University. I've heard it's a beautiful campus. Wish it was closer so I could take some classes--they have low residency degrees but I'd still have to drive to Colorado twice a year to complete the degree--just too far to drive. But I would love to study writing and ecopsychology there...hope you enjoy your visit.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katnip05
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Katrina
Norfolk Nebraska
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  4:15:48 PM  Show Profile
The Pearl Street Mall has some great artisan shops and fantastic people-watching! Hiking anywhere in the Flatirons is always great and driving to the little town of Lyons makes for a fun drive. Estes Park is also beautiful if you have a full day to go explore. I don't remember what day the Farmer's Market takes place in Boulder but it is more of an "event" than a market, lol! You can get some delicious food from local vendors and sit by Boulder Creek and listen to local musicians...I miss it sooo much!!!
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  06:43:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh you have to do the Budweiser tour. It is really fascinating how beer is made.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  06:49:13 AM  Show Profile
And if you like flea markets, there are many between Longmont and Loveland. Also, fine antique shopping in Niwot.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  2:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the ideas. We do not go until the 23rd of August so I will
have time do some planning.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  3:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Coors beer is made in Golden. There is a great river walk and a good hike too in the golden area, I can't remember the name of the mountain but the hike is some what easy and is a very nice view of the area. There is also a nice fabric shop and a cute quilt museum in Golden. The Zoo is nice in Denver and the Natural History Museum is good too. Elitch Gardens is fun something of a six flags of Colorado. I was born and raised in Boulder but haven't been back for a long vacation for a looonnnnggg time. Pearl street is a nice afternoon lunch and shopping. The university is fun to walk around too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic What to do in Boulder, Co. area Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page