Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Rabid Animals Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  1:35:15 PM  Show Profile
There have been several sightings of rabid foxes and possums here in North Carolina. Not far from where I live, a fox came into someone's home and bit two people. Just wondering if other parts of the country are experiencing this problem. I have so much outdoor work to do and there's always that fear of a rabid animal lurking in my mind. Used to be I just worried about snakes and escaped convicts!

http://www.karencecilsmith.com/

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  2:25:45 PM  Show Profile
have not had a confirmed case of rabies where I live in 40 yrs, but have friends who live in Arizona, and they have rabid skunks and fox every year, pretty scary...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  2:47:18 PM  Show Profile
We've had warnings, here too. Bats and raccoons. A week ago, saw a raccoon in my driveway at 5:30. Still full sun, and he rushed the car. Haven't spotted him since, but keeping an eye out. We are having lots of cool and rainy weather. Thought it was worse in hot weather.

Yikes!
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  5:00:52 PM  Show Profile
As a former vet tech working in a small animal hospital, we would get questions koabout seeing "nocturnal " animals during the day. Yes, it is ok to see them in the afternoon and late morning hours. What id not ok is if the animal appears disoriented, wobbly, frothing at the mouth, too friendly or attacks from no where. Do not approachany wild animal for any reason. Call your states game warden for sick or nuisance animals.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Rabid Animals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page