Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Good Gravy - Now I've Got Cucumber Beetles!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Good Gravy - Now I've Got Cucumber Beetles! Next Topic
Page: of 2

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  5:05:12 PM  Show Profile
My tomatoes didn't do to well this year but I will have a bunch of eggplant and our blueberries did well and so did the green pepper. I planted potato's for the first time using tires and as the flowers grow we add another tire and some more dirt. I was told to harvest them when the flowers die so I guess we'll see?

It all comes back to the ground!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  06:39:18 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone's gardens are shaping up quite nicely! That's awesome! Please post pictures!!!

Betty - You are so funny! I've done something similar before - I've planted stuff only to forget what I actually put in the ground! LOL! I'm sure your tomatoes will be absolutely wonderful, no matter what kind they turn out to be! ;) What a fun time of discovery you will have! And you are so blessed to have such a great relationship with your sister! How awesome to be able to share with her like that!

Michelle - I usually wait until the potato plants die back and turn brown before picking them. You don't need to wait quite that long, but I wanted to let you know that you don't have to pick them right away. :)

We had such high winds and torrential rains these past couple of days that all my tomato plants have blown over. My hubby's going to help me get them standing up tall again when he gets home from work tonight. I think everything else has survived, but it sure was disconcerting to see all the plants bending over so far to the ground in the wind! Wouldn't it be nice, though, if the bugs all got blown away? LOL! A girl can dream...

Have a great day, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Good Gravy - Now I've Got Cucumber Beetles! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page