Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Empire State Mountain FarmGirls gone baaa-d
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Empire State Mountain FarmGirls gone baaa-d Next Topic  

RosieRiveter
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rosie
White Creek NY
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  2:19:47 PM  Show Profile
The Empire State Mountain FarmGirls took a day trip to Duchess County's Sheep and Wool festival this past Sunday! We had a great time - Susan (bybiddie) came home with some beautiful yarns and roving. Marianne (Mari-Dahlia) snagged an awesome fleece duster. And Rosie (rosieriveter) found a little sheep ornament and a great yarn sample skein for newbie knitting practice! We also researched some sheep breeds for future pasturing. Next year's plan is to hit the festival in the morning and check out the little town of Rheinbeck in the afternoon. We also added several project ideas to our ever-growing list of winter programs!

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  3:58:54 PM  Show Profile
OH! I love fiber festivals like this! It sure sounds like you had a great time.

I went to a small town festival once in Hamilton, Montana, and I was so inspired by all of the beautiful animals, and the soft yarn.

Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  7:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Rosie- Sounds like you girls had a great time! Rheinbeck is really fun with alot of little shops and interesting places, though somewhat pricey. Some of the surrounding towns are similar, just less $$$.
We spent some time up in that area twice when my dh was at the antique airplane museum and air show. You aren't far from the CIA and if you make reservations REALLY early, the chefs in training will make you a dinner to remember for a reasonable cost. That is quite an experience too! Nice to hear you all had a good time , checking out the baaaah-gains!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

RosieRiveter
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rosie
White Creek NY
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  10:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Bramble, can you share the names of the other towns you mentioned? I'm all for less $$$!I like the CIA idea, too.
Rosie
Go to Top of Page

Mari-dahlia
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Marianne
Hoosick Falls New York
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile
My son attends the Culinary Institute of America (CIA), he graduates this December. It is true, Rhinebeck is kind of pricey. It is geared for the NYC visitor on the weekend. We live about 1 1/2 hours north and it is much cheaper. The festival gave us ideas and all the way home we talked about how we could do these ideas cheaper.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Empire State Mountain FarmGirls gone baaa-d Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page