Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Vacation Photo Metaphor for Self-Healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vacation Photo Metaphor for Self-Healing Next Topic  

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  6:04:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to the Flagstaff, AZ area. We hiked Walnut Canyon and Sunset Volcano National Park. On my hike on one of the volcano trails I saw a pine tree that had been struck by lightning. The back side of the tree has been clearly damaged and for quite some time, but what amazed me is that the part of the tree that remained in tact began twisting itself around the old dead branch as if to protect it from the elements and the green healthy branches continue to live. I thought to myself what a metaphor for self-healing. We all have trials, tribulations and down-right evil that can scar us in our lives and it is important to acknowledge those hurts, but to "keep-a-going" protecting ourselves from future harm. I have attached this photo as a symbol of how we can self-heal from the disappointments and injuries that may come our way. The scars may be visible (such as in ill health, true physical injury and disease) but the good life force that remains in us can bring us to the point of being able to survive and thrive quite well. In the photo the back part of the branch that was injured is nearly hidden from this front view. From the back you can clearly see the dead branch, but the tree is majestic and it exuded an energy that made me stop and think about what it was teaching me. Thank you "standing people"! Enjoy the photo and be well! Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  7:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Annie - you are a treasure! You are so right! I really needed this today! Thank you SO much! God bless you, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vacation Photo Metaphor for Self-Healing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page