gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  09:34:36 AM  Show Profile
Earlier this month I got a letter that my insurance was now going to pay for my Birth Control. At 58 that really is a great deal. (for them) Today I opened my mail today and got the new bill for my health insurance and it went up $177.00 dollars. What is any body doing for health insurance any great deals I haven't found?
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  10:07:10 AM  Show Profile
I have found that for a personal, as opposed to a group, policy, it tells to work with an insurance broker. They can tailor coverage to suit your needs and budget -- though those don't always coincide perfectly. There are also not-insurance methods that some people apparently use successfully. There' s a Christian one, kind of a co-op, I guess. You submit your medical bills to the group and somebody pays them somehow. I doubt this would impress many health-care providers that won't even take you if you don't use an insurance carrier that they work with.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Some states have special plans though the state that are more affordable. Check out that option too.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  11:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Yes indeed, health care insurance is going up. The company my husband works for (and other companies we know of) have told us that because of the new health care system being put in place the insurance rates are so high they now will have to transition to a part-time employee company with only a hand full of full-time managers. They have given everyone notice of this. My daughter's monthly paycheck is now $1000 less because of the new medical insurance rates and various taxes. She noticed this change in February. Hang on girls..it is just beginning. This is another reason I am getting my hands on every herb and folk health care remedy book I can find. Of course, this won't help with serious health issues. Hmmm, maybe one day my tiny hand-quilting skill will come in handy to stitch up an accidental wound. Lucky ducks all you who became nurses! Lucky ducks all you who live in the countryside where you can gather and forage wild plants for health care.
Thinking of you wishing you good days and nights. Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  08:45:14 AM  Show Profile
If you carry a few extra pounds, be aware also. My neighbors insurance is going up between 20-50% because he needs to lose some weight (as do I)

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  10:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
the company i work for implemented a "spousal" surchaerge a couple of years ago to save costs. if your SO has health care available where they work, they added a $12/week charge to what you pay for insurance here. so we stand down with pena nd paper, and a calculator, and worked it all out. we switched to his insuracne, it was better, not as expensive, and all of our doctors were in hte network, so it was even less. i like it much better

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  12:49:40 PM  Show Profile
Ours changed also, the insurance company deemed certain shots/vaccines not medically needed and there is now a $100 deductable for them. So my Rhophylac from pregnancy was not covered. I said that I had to get it because I am O neg and if the baby was O pos I would more than likely die. The company just said it wasn't considered important that I could get it. Also when my DS was terrible sick in February with terrible runs for two weeks, we were desperate that we agreed to an injection to try to get him back to normal, that was also unneeded according to the company and $100 for that out of our pockets.

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Health Insurance ARGGGGGGGGGG! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page