Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Not wanting to start a debate but I am wondering
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Not wanting to start a debate but I am wondering Next Topic
Page: of 2

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  8:59:39 PM  Show Profile
@Darlene...you are commenting on something that is not the issue of the original thread which was "not to start a debate". Yes the rules of that particular swap offend me, as does your post. I take issue with the phraseology of "ABSOLUTELY NO TUCK-INS"! Gee how about "let's try a swap without any tuck-ins for a change"....might have been a kinder gentler way. And, why do people not understand that if they choose to send a tuck-in it doesn't have to cost extra postage or extra money!!!! I guarantee that if I "tucked-in" a handmade card and a couple of tea bags my postage wouldn't change a bit. Plus, I send everything in a flat rate priority box anyway. No one is forced to add tuck in's EVER. As the original poster stated....why is this such an issue???? Do people sit on their computer and count how many gifts others have received compared to their own??? It's absolutely ridiculous. Please leave your comments on the NO TUCK-INS swap thread...they would be better suited there.

MJF seems to have undergone a big change since I joined. It used to be fun. I am done with farmgirls pettiness.....it is childish and ridiculous. Tuck in or don't...who the heck cares????? The farmgirl spirit is supposed to be about giving with a generous heart. I don't know who the tuck-in police are that keep score of things as trivial as this, but I can think of a million better things to do with my time than count how many tuck-ins someone got!!!!

So, I am done with this silly subject and (with a very very few exceptions) done with swaps!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tammyc
MJF seems to have undergone a big change since I joined. It used to be fun. I am done with farmgirls pettiness.....it is childish and ridiculous. Tuck in or don't...who the heck cares????? The farmgirl spirit is supposed to be about giving with a generous heart. I don't know who the tuck-in police are that keep score of things as trivial as this, but I can think of a million better things to do with my time than count how many tuck-ins someone got!!!!

So, I am done with this silly subject and (with a very very few exceptions) done with swaps!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Tammy,
I agree with you, this side of MJF has undergone a change. Just in the year that I have been on here ... you can almost see it happening daily.
The pettiness, rudeness, the competition ... is just so NOT farm girl like! So very sad ...

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  10:26:10 AM  Show Profile
OK, perhaps I worded it wrong. I wrote "ABSOLUTELY NO TUCK INS!!" because I KNOW first hand that farmgirls have BIG hearts and really felt that if I wrote "Let's try a swap without tuck ins" some sweet farmgirl would not take me seriously and I REALLY did not want tuck ins in this swap-so maybe I said it too strongly and for that I am sorry.
I am sorry that even with all the explanation and discussion and gals expressing how they feel, some folks still are not able to understand the point I was trying to make.
I am wondering why "if tuck ins are optional" and "no big deal", why it has become such a big deal NOT to allow tuck ins.
I never expected to cause such debate. I kinda thought that if you HAD to tuck in on a swap, that mine would not interest you and you could just move on.
I TRUELY appreciate all of you that have supported my position both on the forum and to my e-mail. Whether you support my position or not, I am grateful to those who have been able to see my point of view.
Tammy, I am sorry I offended you, but your response to Darlene was inappropriate, in my opinion. When you start a discussion about tuck ins you are going to get a discussion whether you want one of not and clearly by the time Darlene responded it was already a discussion. She is entitled to her opinion just like everyone else, and this forum was the appropriate place for that. As I said, I did not ask for this issue-it wasn't even my issue-I gave it voice and if that makes me the villain that is OK. I can handle that.
Tammy, I know I upset you and I am truly sorry. I sincerely hope that you can chose to just write my swap off without taking yourself out of other swaps. You are a creative and talented woman and I know that you are valued by so many (including me.)
This wasn't about pettiness or counting or tuck in police. I was really just trying to have everyones voice heard.
So sisters, have we discussed this enough? I think so. You either get it or you don't. Let's be done with this. Thank you all for your voices. Let's move on to some fun summer swaps, tuck ins or not. Hugs to ALL, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Whatever you do in life, do it with a happy heart and just have fun.
Hugs,
Debbie
Proud Mama Hen of The Scattered Prairie Gals Hen House
We are the happy and fun Hen House:-)

"There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber!"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Well said Joey. Everyone has an opinion and as the leader of a swap it is in my opinion the leaders option of how they want to run the swap and the wording they chose to relay that information. If you don't like the rules then don't sign up.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes, everyone has an opinion. Mine is that this ridiculous subject has been "beaten to death" already. I have already stated that this issue should be put to bed, and I believe that Joey herself has said the same thing. Move on! Perhaps you would like to start a separate thread in support of your position and let this one die a necessary death. We are all aware of our right to join or not join a swap....we've done it for years.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  3:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Ditto Tammy C.!!!! Also all of us Hens and Chicks are Gonna throw our two cents worth in!!, no matter what the subject!!! I sassed my way in too.( I am more scared right now what My Mama Hen, Debbie is gonna to to me !!LOL!) We are a very diverse sisterhood in many ways, and also very connected in many ways, so at the end of the day, You do what is best for you, but we still may Cackle a little about it!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  3:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Connie,

Could you possibly be any cuter? You always have the best attitude! :)

PS....I don't think your Mama Hen is going to do much to you except giggle at your sweet message!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  4:56:25 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
It is my sincere hope that this discussion is over. I won't be responding to anything else on this thread. Let's all just move on. I wish you all well. Thank you, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Not wanting to start a debate but I am wondering Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page