Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 New Farmgirl from Northern California
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Farmgirl from Northern California Next Topic  

MissJane
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jane
Ukiah CA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  8:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am so happy I found Mary Jane's Farm a few months ago. My mom gave me a bunch of old issues of the magazine that she found at a used book store and told me they really seemed like me. She was right because I loved everything about MJF right away.

My name is Jane and I teach kindergarten at a Waldorf school...my kids call me Miss Jane. Only 4 days of school until summer break! I live in a rural area of Mendocino County and for the first time am growing quite a big garden with lots of veggies and flowers. The green beans I grew from seed are almost ready to eat now! I also love to knit and am almost done with a really beautiful sleeveless sweater. I am usually pretty busy with my job, but my job allows me to do tons of creative things with the children like painting and crafts. Also this summer I am going to have more time to do my own thing. I also have an Etsy site which I plan on building up over the summer. Oh yeah I also play drums a little. I have a lot of interests... also writing, reading and seeing live music. Basically enjoying life! I love how positive Mary Jane's Farm is. I look forward to meeting some friends on here!
<3 Jane

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  8:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jane!!!! I know you will love it here and fit right in. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jane! I am new too. Mendocino is so beautiful...
Please let us know when the etsy site os up.
Hope to see you around this summer!

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7630 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7630 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  10:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jane It is good to meet you I live up here in Humboldt County in Loleta, I am glad you joined, you really will enjoy it here. I sure do and the people are really caring.

I would like to see your Etsy site when it is ready.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  08:50:57 AM  Show Profile

Welcome MissJane,
I know what you mean by that first MJF magazine. It will grab you the first time you read one. I worked at an elementary school for 31 years before retiring. I know how you wonderful teachers count those last few days. So enjoy your summer. I will be watching for you on the MJF forums.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

MissJane
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jane
Ukiah CA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Actually my Etsy site is up now: http://www.etsy.com/shop/janegotlost It just only has 2 things on it right now. I'm really into the cute mushroom design stuff.

Darlene...I want to make it up to Humboldt over the summer; I've still never been there.

Dirtduchess- yes I know there are fairies in my garden! What grades did you teach in school?
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  7:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hello Jane! Cute mushrooms!

Many Blessings- Alicia
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  04:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jane! My goodness you will fit right in here.
Enjoy your Summer vacation and the goodies from the work of your hands!
Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  06:14:12 AM  Show Profile
MissJane,
I was not a teacher. I worked in the reading labs and computer lab. The last few years I was the principal's assistant in charge of the students records. Loved every day of it. Our principal was a wonderful lady. Every year she has a reunion of all the staff that worked for her during her thirty years. In fact, it is this Saturday. Lunch and lots of catching up to do. Enjoy your summer.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  08:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jane! Welcome! You're gonna love it here. Really enjoyed reading about all your interests--drums, gardening, crafts, painting, sewing--wow! Ain't it great to be busy and diverse??

My youngest sister's name is Jane, and my mom was a kindergarten teacher and her students called her 'Miss Van' because her last name of Dutch origin was too long for them to remember or pronounce. My dad taught English for a while to high school students, then moved onto become one of the world's greatest psychologists EVER (biased, I know...). I taught high school theology to sophomores and seniors for a couple of years, then decided it wasn't my gift and moved into the field of Volunteer Management, and have been here for 30 years so far. Tried knitting once and didn't know how to stop and made a sweater too big for anyone to wear. Stick to quilting now, and cooking, writing too!

Enjoy your time here meeting really smart women. It's a great place to kick back and relax...

Liz

If the only prayer you say in your entire life is "thank you", that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  09:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jane- it is great to have you here. Enjoy every moment!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jane...
I am formally from SO>CAL>.,,, Ventura County to be exact... and truly miss it!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  7:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jane,

I'm from the same county! Gualala on the coast. I've been a MJF fan since 2002 with a first issue someone here gave me. Come visit sometime. So great to be teaching Waldorf education.
Katie

http://www.rosemancreekranch.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  06:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jane!
I was a So Cal girl! Enjoy the forums! Jump right in and you will meet great friends!

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

MissJane
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jane
Ukiah CA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  9:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Katie- that's awesome you live near here! I haven't been out to Gualala yet. Your bread looks super good!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone better. And I will be posting a picture of my new sweater which is done being knitted and blocked! All I need to do now is sew it up.

<3 Jane
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  10:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Minnesota,
I'm sure you will love it here. You should be done with the school year by now. That was always an exciting time of the year. You miss your little darlings, but know they are ready for new things. I'm a retired elementary teacher so I remember the excitement along with a little goodbye sadness.
When I was teaching, not much gardening happened until the last day of school, but now we have time for starting our own seeds indoors first and put in a BIG garden. I'm glad to hear you like sharing your creativity with your students. Little kids are so open to try new things and it can kind of fade out if it isn't nurtured. I like the start to your Etsy site and will be checking back.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  1:53:39 PM  Show Profile
A warm welcome from Long Island, NY to you Jane- Jump right in and start enjoying everything Mary Jane! It is a wonderful place to be1
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  12:43:01 PM  Show Profile
greetings from maine
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Farmgirl from Northern California Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page