Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 kid craft - helped with 1st time campers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic kid craft - helped with 1st time campers Next Topic  

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  12:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Here is a very cute idea (not mine - found it on the internet) to make a glowstick "night light" firefly from a plastic pop bottle and a few simple craft items: pipe cleaners, paper and glue.

We made these this weekend at camp with two young scout troops, one of which had not camped a lot. Having a fun "night light" that everyone could use as a toy, but those who were a little wary of the dark had it for comfort was a great help come bedtime.

You wrap three pipe cleaners around the bottle, twist underneath and form the three sets of legs. Another pipe cleaner wraps around the bottle neck to make the antennae. The easiest thing for the face is to draw it right on the pop bottle. Cut out the wings and glue them to the top of the bottle opposite the legs, of course.

When you are all done, crack a glow stick and pop it inside the bottle. put the lid back on and enjoy the little bug.

I know this is more a school kind of craft than a farmgirl kind of craft, but the kids enjoyed it so much at camp, and I know THAT is a farmgirl kind of thing!

]

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  10:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Cute idea, I'll have to remember this for my nieces and nephews.

Thanks,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  07:13:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy,

This would be a great craft for Vacation Bible School. Thanks for posting it.

Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  05:03:49 AM  Show Profile
That is so cute!

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic kid craft - helped with 1st time campers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page