Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Our newest addition to the herd...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Our newest addition to the herd... Next Topic  

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  07:20:52 AM  Show Profile

This is our latest adoptee - she is a 7-10 year old Haflinger mare who was rescued from a horrible situation in Northern Madison County in Indiana. She is lucky to be alive.

She has a sweet disposition and is already broke to ride. One of the rescuers is going to use her for pony rides this weekend. We are going to keep her at this foster farm (in the background) until we get her stall done.

There are still several miniature horses and ponies that need to find forever homes. If you are interested you can contact the Animal Protection League in Anderson, IN. Their web address is www.inapl.org
I would adopt them all if I had all my stalls done! They are just so darn cute.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:10:30 AM  Show Profile
She has such a sweet and gentle face.Its wonderful that you are making room for her and taking her in. I think Haflinger's are such cute horses. Good for you and her.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  10:48:20 PM  Show Profile
glad you could rescue her! Yes, bad situation indeed...I can't believe the horror story that happened to all those animals so close to home! Hope the others find homes too.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile
I know that one other mini that is pregnant was adopted and 2 sheep and the llama were also adopted. We are trying to find homes for the rest of the little sweeties. I am going to go out to the foster farm and visit our girl and find out how many minis are left. I wish I could adopt them all!

www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Also update on the use of the mare for pony rides - the other rescuer, Jess, said she used the mare all day for the little kids and didn't have any issues whatsoever out of her. Said she is the sweetest horse ever! She'll be perfect for my DS to ride.

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  11:09:06 AM  Show Profile
We brought her home Monday. So far she is doing pretty well. DS and I both rode her bareback last evening for a few minutes around the yard. We are currently stalling her with the mini since they know each other from the 'bad place'.

Also WISH 8 is coming out to do a follow-up this evening about the horses - so long as nothing more exciting happens - lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Our newest addition to the herd... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page