Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 15

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  09:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Just love getting all these postcards! Sure makes it worth going to town. Today's is from Heather N on Wapakoneta, OH. It's a picture of Heather and "the girls" and her kitty. Dairy farming runs in our family too. Beautiful animals! Thanks, Heather!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  11:45:18 AM  Show Profile
Glad everyone is receiving my postcards.

Peggy, yes the sailboats are available for free rides on Sundays
only through the summer. People start signing up around 10 am and then
your boat ride is ready usually in 45 min to an hour. If you get there
early enough you can have quite a pick of which boat you want to ride.
Marlee, Edmonds is also a great place to take the ferry boats over
to the Olympic Peninsula to the Olympic Nat'l Park, Hurricane Ridge &
the Neah Bay Indian Reservation (which has a nice museum as lots of
native relics were discovered there in the 1970's). From Sequim you
can watch the paragliders flying over the water and see the famous
lighthouse there.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  12:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Received a few postcards today. Love the picture of the kitty sleeping on the beach. The horse looking across the horizon and the Colorado state flowers. This postcard swap has been a traveling adventure every day when a new one arrives. Thanks CJ for hosting this swap. Can't wait for the rest of my cards. I have plan to make a very special book for them.
Becky

My Blog: farmgirlmuse.blogspot.com

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Jul 03 2013 12:18:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  2:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Three more cards today, thanks to:
Heather, for the darling cows and kitten!
CJ, for the state flower card, love all that purple
Lisa, horse and flat iron rocks postcard, nice horsie! lol

What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile
I got a wonderful Florida postcard but she didn't sign her name. So if she see this I love my postcard. When I open my mailbox and see a postcard from my sisters.
It makes my day!
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  5:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Well I am happy I received 2 post cards yesterday they are so nice, one of them was from Lisa in Agua Dulce, you must be down in the desert area, I have never heard of your town either, but there are alot of towns in California I haven't heard of . I live about 90 miles from the Oregon border, up by Eureka.
I also received one from Karla from Florida with the alligator's and the parrots and the flamingo, it is so colorful there. You have some really neat shells there. I would have to beach comb.

Oh yes I got neat card from Linda, I love the composite with all the places and showing the Puget Sound, It is such a pretty site to see.

Today I got a really pretty one that had Columbines all over it from Colorado from our wonderful host CJ. Yes I agree CJ they are a lovely flower, I enjoyed them growing up there in Colorado and then when I moved here I found them in other colors, they seemed so wierd not being purple. They are pretty though.
Thank you for the memories.

I have put most of my cards in a photo album now, I can just thumb through it and enjoy the year in Post cards from everyone. Thanks every one.
Thanks
hugs

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jul 03 2013 8:29:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  12:27:27 AM  Show Profile
I got a beautiful postcard from CJ today of Columbine. I think that is the color you find most
in the Northwest...so was surprised that they come in other colors. Lovely!

Then I got a beautiful Florida postcard from Karla today. So bright and pretty except for the Crocs. LOL

Thanks again Farmgirls...some days your postcards are the only thing in my Mail Box to brighten my day.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile
yes I have a problem with Crocs and alligators, big, mean and scarey.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  10:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I'm behind on my Thank You messages. Family emergency.

Got a great card from Heather in Ohio Cows are so Country.

Lisa, except for the car, your Post Card could be a picture from and old western movie.

Linda, Edmonds looks like a place I would love to visit someday.

Karla, Florida is just fun and colorful.

Thanks to you all.

Brenda
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  09:16:19 AM  Show Profile
hank you to Lisa, Heather, and Karla. Great postcards ladies. so fun to receive. This is my favorite swap. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Saw some beautiful fireworks in my hometown.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  10:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Terry for your neat postcard.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  9:53:01 PM  Show Profile
I received your postcard today, CJ! Wow! What a view out your kitchen window! It would be hard to take a vacation anywhere else with that in your back or front yard! Thank you for sharing and for this swap!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  12:44:29 AM  Show Profile
Today I got a lovely postcard from Heather with her cows and kitty. Loved the pictures
Heather!!! Even my DH thought it was so sweet. He worked on a Dairy Farm when he was a
teenager at the Oregon Coast...and he loves cows. He has shared some great stories about
the cows and bulls he was around.

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile
I received 5 wonderful postcards today!
CJ, thank you for sharing your trip to Mary Jane's Farm.
Lisa, I enjoy the horse, admiring the beautiful landscape.
Linda, the waterfront looks like so much.
Heather, the cows are so sweet.
Karla, thank you for the Florida views

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  8:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Loving going to the mailbox these days~ Have received 22 postcards so far! I apologize for not thanking each and everyone of you personally, and for being so late with my post, but please know that I appreciate each and every card, and am enjoying reading a little about each of you and where you live.
Thank you again!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2013 :  3:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Whoohoo! Got another postcard from Heather this time from Ohio. Love the cows and kitty. I grew up in Indiana we had cows and cats. We had one cow that loved grapefruit
rinds.
So thank you Heather love my postcard!!!!!!!

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  10:04:47 PM  Show Profile
I got one from Heather too! I love the cow pictures and the special picture in the middle of the bottom with the pretty little grey kittie.
Thanks so much for the post card
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  10:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Karla for the colorful Florida postcard. It's fun to
still find cards in my mail every few days or so!

What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3105 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3105 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  10:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! I'm glad everyone loves my cows. I'm having so much fun with this swap. It's so nice to get cards from places I've never been.
Thank you again,
Heather

Farmgirl Sister #4701
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  3:01:50 PM  Show Profile
CJ , Thank you so much for the postcard. I can't imagine waking up and look out the kitchen window and seeing that view. Its so beautiful. I have been to so many beautiful places in the swap!

Marlee

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  8:38:28 PM  Show Profile
CJ thank you for the neat postcard. Marlene

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  3:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am WAY behind. I started writing out my cards yesterday and will get half of them in the mail tomorrow.
While I have been sick, my DH has been putting all my cards in a pile and I looked at them today. So far, I've gotten 11 cards, I think.
Marlene in IOWA sent the card with the pretty prairie rose. Beth sent a card from Alabama-have been to that beautiful white State Capital. Got one from Brenda in Michigan with the Cascade Fountain. LOVE the lights. Darlene in California sent the Redwood card. We were there last year and drove out car thru the tree. REALLY enjoyed the Redwoods and was amazed by the huge, old trees. Debbie's Alaska bears are so cute. Don't ya wish you really could go play with them in the water? Stephanie sent the picture of the soft blue bird in Missouri. Got greetings from Carole in Tombstone, AZ. Also there last year on our trip west and had fun "lining up " with the bad guys//good guys. Guess what side I was on? Heather in Ohio sent the cutest card of cows and cat. I love the baby cows but I think cows are big and dumb..at least the cows on my DD's farm are. Robin sent Spring in the Sonoran desert. We were there in the Spring but saw only a few cactus in bloom. Your postcard was so much nicer. Jenne from PA sent a card of the lighthouse. My aunt lived in Lewes and we would take the ferry from Cape May to go to the Delaware beaches. Good memories. Lisa from CA (Aqua Dulce is such a cool name) sent such a nice card of her horse and the cool rock formation. I just want to run my fingers thru the horses mane. That is it so far, I think but I enjoyed them all and thank you all so much. I put them around my bedroom mirror for awhile so I could see them a bit before I put them in an album. Look for one from me early next week. Thanks girls, this is always such a fun swap. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  3:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Joey-hope you are feelin better!you have time to get them done!
gosh-yesterday i sat and addressed my cards over lunch at work-they all have a stamp and a return address sticker and when i looked at the printout-i realized that i am a month ahead of schedule! not like me!!!! haha!
hoping to get my notes written this weekend!

beth jones i am wondering if i have your town/city right? can you email me your town/city???

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  3:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Margo,

Beth Jones' town is TALLASSEE, ALABAMA

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  1:24:29 PM  Show Profile
CJ-thanks! that's what you typed but my hand wrote Tallahassee! good thing i haven't mailed them yet!!!!

gals- i love this swap!!!!!! CJ i hope you never tire of hosting this one!it may sound silly to some folk to get excited about post cards but-gosh- they are collectables and they bring new insight into each of our farmsisters' lives!

i truly wish that i had had the forethought to keep postcards rec'd over the years from diff folk-once i was at a garage sale- gosh i could have spent a small fortune with the vintage cards that were for sale! ah well- wasn't meant to be at the time!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page