Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 children's speech impairments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic children's speech impairments Next Topic  

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  08:35:16 AM  Show Profile
For those of you you have children with autism and apraxia I found this website through the Fb apraxia group

www.pursuitofresearch.org/2010/12/01/therapeutic -use- of -fish-oil-for-apraxia-autism-and-other-communication-impairments

Thought this might be helpful. Going to speak with my pediatrician about the efa's etc.

Had DS's iep today for first grade. He's going to be evaluated for ot for next year.hurting right now because he's not far behind academically...it's his speech as maturity level. When we're one on one he seems like a normal 5 yo but when I see him with his class mates I hurt. I don't even think he knows he's different and we don't treat him different or use apraxia as an excuse for anything. In fact he's never heard apraxia come from my mouth and if he has he's never asked about it.

Well gotta get ready for work.

Lorie

Had ds 's kept today's

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  5:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

Thank you for the site. I had read that fish oil and primrose oil were effective but had not read about the ratios.

I am going to try it for my new son who is 8 yo.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic children's speech impairments Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page