Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  10:12:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I have a very wonderful girlfriend who sends me little thoughts for the day everyday that she gleans from her daily reading. I really like this one, thought you would too.
"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by
being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate
at all times, in all places, and under all conditions,
with everyone as well as yourself. That is the
greatest gift."
…David Hawkins
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful quote.

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 05 2005 :  1:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Here is another wonderful one.
“Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both
together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is
the soul of genius.”
~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 05 2005 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love that!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  08:16:23 AM  Show Profile
I read a funny one this morning. It was from a list of farmer quotes.

"Sometimes in life, it is easier to mow around the stump."

Not real uplifting, I know, but somehow I liked it!
jpbluesky

O, cease to heed the glamour that blinds your foolish eyes,
Look upward to the glitter of stars in God's clear skies.

from God's Garden by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  09:40:12 AM  Show Profile
I can sure relate to that...We have several tree stumps in our yard that the power company cut the trees down

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  10:11:33 AM  Show Profile
At my grandma's house there were two big stumps that were made into stools..I loved them and felt sorry for anyone who didn't have tree seats...I guess stumps are good if you love them...not everyone does..heehee

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  6:46:57 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful message - mow around the stumps. I am going to try to incorporate that into my life!

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  3:07:59 PM  Show Profile
At my place some of the stumps have become nurse stumps and are home to some wonderful new trees! I weed whack around them. I also love tree stump seats.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  5:24:11 PM  Show Profile
When my neighbor took down the most gorgeous sugar maple on the street
for no logical reason (he didn't like all the leaves) I was just disheartened. It took the tree co. 3 days to get this glorious tree down, my son asked the men to save six pieces of the trunk . He and his friends rolled these things to the far back of our property and set up a circle of seats around the fire pit. He said
atleast that tree you liked so much will still be with us in a way.
My husband also got some wood and has had it milled into planks, no telling where that might end up! I was looking at what we lost, and they were looking at the reality and how they could make the best of a situation they couldn't change. A forest for the trees sort of analogy I guess!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  6:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Bramble didn't you say in another post you wanted a new kitchen floor? Maybe the maple planks could be utilized for your kitchen? A maple floor would be beautiful!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile
I would love to plant a maple tree here sometime..once I get all the fruit trees I need planted first of course. THat is so so neat that you used the wood from that beautiful tree in such a fun way! A fire ring..thats what I want!!! I have been trying to figure out where to have one...sometime..it is on my list!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  1:16:26 PM  Show Profile
"Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths." - Etty Hillesum

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  08:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Here are two new ones to which I think we all can relate.

"The first step in getting the things you want out of life is this:
Decide what you want. "
–Ben Stein

"There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen."

…Wayne Dyer

Have a great day deciding and then getting to it to make it happen!
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  7:03:56 PM  Show Profile
I too have a favorite I offer here: (I wrote this in September of my senior year in high school. Portions of it became our class motto by a vote of the senior class. I was too embarassed to let anyone know I had written it, so I submitted it without a name. The things that matter in high school seem so ridiculous now. [Smile])

"Yesterday is the past, let it be silent only to come to life for good purposes,
Today is the present, let it be fulfilled, let this fulfillment be your gift back to the universe,
Tomorrow is the future, let it be wondered, but most importantly let it be of action; for words are just words, but action brings about fulfillment of the heart, which in turn brings about a life worth living."

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  7:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Eileen and Joy! I'm surprised you had such wisdom at such an early age, Joy... it must've served you well through the years!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2005 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile
It amazes me too whenever I look at it as an adult. I can only guess that nearly drowning the summer before my senior year shaped the way I would be very early.
I give thanks every day for waking up.
Peace to all.
Joy

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  11:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Joy As told by Monique Ruffin:

"One evening a woman sitting next to me in a class I was taking laughed at almost everything that facilitator said. Because she was laughing with such frequency I began to pay closer attention to the lecture, but I couldn't find the humor in it. Eventually, the woman shared with the class that she was battling cancer and was looking forward to being given a clean bill of health at her next doctor's appointment.

I was so moved by her sharing that after class I spoke with her privately. She told me that her spiritual teacher suggested that she have fun with her cancer experience. From this suggestion she began to laugh at everything, not because it was funny, but because she still had life in her to laugh with.

My breath was taken away by her story. I began to think about all the times that simply being alive was not enough for me to find joy or value in some of my experiences. It can be so easy to take life too seriously and forget to have fun, to find our joy no matter what -- even when we have dis-ease. If it is true we are spiritual beings having a human experience, then we get to choose our perspective, regardless of the experience we are in. With practice, ultimately, our experience will match our thoughts of harmony and joy.

Look into your life today and choose to have fun just because you have the opportunity to. This is the sweetness of joy!

Affirmation: Today I am joyful and lighthearted in everything I do. I sing to the music of my soul and life is sweet."

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:23:28 AM  Show Profile
15 Things You Probably Never Knew or Thought About

1. At least 5 people in this world love you so much they would die for you.

2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.

4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.

5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.

6. You mean the world to someone.

7. If not for you, someone may not be living.

8. You are special and unique.

9. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.

10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.

11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world.

12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it.

13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know.

15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great.

A Minute: They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.
Take the time ... to live and love.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhhh....Clare, that was like a cool and crisp wood smoked scented breeze in pine woods, with just the sound of birds around me. Thanks.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  11:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Well put Clare and Meadowlark, thanks

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  12:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Sharing an appropriate message for this time. - Clare

Less Is More -- by Sage Bennett

Above the Delphic oracle in ancient Greece, the inscription, "Nothing in Excess" created a wisdom message for all to follow. Why is this wise? We can observe from our own experiences that excess food leads to unwanted pounds on our bodies. Excess alcohol leads to impaired judgement and sometimes into addiction. Another way of saying this is through the paradox that less is more. Less food yields better health. Less alcohol means more possession of one's faculties.

Yet despite our experiences that excess does not lead us where we want to go, we may persist. It makes one wonder about the prevailing message of our culture. When I was in graduate school in New York City, there was a bar I passed on my way to school that had a sign posted: "Too much ain't enough." I often marveled at the many different messages that are broadcast to us.

We are confronted with choices in every moment that we breathe. If we slow down enough, engage ourselves in satisfying activities that we enjoy, and follow the other adage of antiquity - "know thyself" - excess has less appeal because we are more attracted to living wisely. Again and again, life presents us witih choices: wisdom or excess. Which one will you choose?

Affirmation: Today, I focus on being satisfied with what I have. I relish the simplicity of my self-sufficiency. I am at peace.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have." - Abraham Lincoln.... http://farmstyle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  7:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for these beautiful thoughts and reminders that life is such a precious gift! I marvel over how healing presents itself. Today was a hard day. My children (2 and 4) were under the weather a little and just being little kids trying to sort it all out. I'll spare you the details, but needless to say, I'm wiped out, on the verge of tears and feeling a little lost. I know I'll be fine and that tomorrow is a brilliantly clean slate. I was ready to sit down and have a nice pity party for myself, when I thought I'd check the forum real quick. VOILA! all these amazingly wonderful words of wisdom to ground and comfort me. ahhhhhhhhhh This has reminded me of the fairy rituals we do here on the farm for all visitors when they leave. The last line is; May I be kind in all I say and do so my wish, this fairy wish, will come true! I can head off to bed now with my book and a calmer disposition. In gratitude, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  1:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Clare, that is great information. You are such a source of sacred wisdom! Julia, I hope you're feeling better today. I'm reminded of the old adage to "sleep on it" and things will look better tomorrow. It actually has basis in fact, because while our bodies rest and repair at night, our souls (spirits) seek out the answers to problems, the comfort of friends, family and sages, and the infinite love of God in a special way. How wonderful to be created with all these options!

By the by, I'm interested in your fairy rituals. Fairies are such blessings! Can you elaborate? Thanks

In love and light,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Daily Mental Inspiration Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page