sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  3:28:20 PM  Show Profile
so i have a girl that is spayed. she was a stray. she is so sweet only every other month she gets crazy. she cries and goes in and out. she has just shown up from being gone 3 DAYS i figured she was hawk food. so has any one had this happen? can she be spayed wrong. man in the night when she is meowing LOUD. maybe she needs surgery to get the ovary out heck i dont know. i know i hate this i was sooo sad thinking she was gone forever. now here she is going in and out. she smells like car grease and is filthy dirty. looks like she has done some walking. any ideas girls? so i can go back to happy days.LOL

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  4:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherry,

It is interesting that you are writing about this because I too have the same sort of dilemma with my cat, but he is a boy who is fixed. I took him back to the vet to have him checked again, because I thought once the cats were fixed there would be no more "catting around". The vet said that in our male cat's case...just because he is fixed doesn't mean he will not perk up to the females pheromones....and he will still and does continue to act like a bugger if a female in heat is around. I don't know if this could be the same thing for your gal, but, I would recommend taking her back to have her checked that all is correct with her. Is it possible to bring her inside when she starts feeling antsy...for her own protection? Best of luck...I will be interested to hear how this works out for you...Erica:)

Farm Girl #2731
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye we had that happen many years ago and the vet said it was of no concern. But she would get beat up by male cats trying to breed her.She ended up with a infection so we took her to a different vet for a second opinion and the first vet had left part of one of her overies and it had to be removed.I don't know if thats what is wrong with your cat but she should not be cycling if she was spayed correctly. They are suppose to take the uterus out along with both overies. Good luck and hope you get this resolved.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:45:56 PM  Show Profile
yes, the problem most likely is she still has her ovaries, lazy vet, so her female hormones are still raging, need to get them out if that is the problem...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  06:50:32 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls, i thought this might be it. i will call a vet and check on cost to look in there. she is a sweet cat. this crying is awful. plus she must be miserable each time yearning for some thing that will not happen. thanks

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile
It maybe that only a small, very minute part of an ovary is left. I would see if he /she will fix it at no cost where it was a surgical mistake. It's not often that this occurs but it does happen.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic fixed cat CYCLING?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page