Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic They found a good home Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  1:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Twin bucklings were born here last Friday. They are listed on Craigslist for sale. We got a call and they are looking at one of them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Edited by - FieldsofThyme on Mar 28 2013 10:15:45 AM

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile
if you are breeding to sell, you might want to ask or tell they are for pets/show or ?, other wisepeople buy for meat, I breed for meat, if this is something you can't handle, don't breed...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile
I breed for both meat and breeding stock. ALL of my ewe lambs go for breeding stock, I NEVER sell a ewe for meat. Rams are both breeding stock and meat.
People can tell you what ever they think you want to hear ...

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  12:30:50 PM  Show Profile
If you put them off till after Easter and they don't show up then you have your answer. I never list my critters before holidays because of that factor. I mean if they go to meat so be it but it gives them a little better chance of not going to meat if they are listed after the holiday is over. In our area we list right before the first and fifteenth of the month cause that is when most of the oilfield workers and reservation dwellers get their checks. Also there are some brutal "endurance races " on the reservations in the spring and people buy horses to basically run to them death to win a lot of money so I know to watch out for these people. I can spot them a mile away. They mostly want to buy Arabs. Don't sell to anyone you don't feel good about. You are the one that has to live with the decision. Sometimes things don't work out when one sells an animal but you just have to let go after you have made what you feel to be the right decision for you and your family. We can't keep them all. But most male goats do eventually go to be meat, it's just a fact. If one is kind to them up to that time is the important thing. One can be happy that they were able to benefit their family monetarily and produce a good product.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrittergrannysLair
www.creamofthecroptrailrides.webs.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic They found a good home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page