New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Basket Makers Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  8:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to let you know The Basket Makers Catalog (www.basketmakerscatalog.com) has some good sales on supplies right now. There are also free directions to make about 8 different baskets, with varying skill levels. I'm going to give the "Swing Your Partner" a try, it looks like a good challenge.
Also there are free directions for several different types of chair seat weaving. (Wasn't someone asking about that recently?) FYI girls they have great customer service.

with a happy heart

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  07:01:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bramble...you are opening up a whole new thing for me. I have wanted to weave baskets of my own forever. I LOVE baskets!! Always have. Especially wood splint, willow and handmade ones. I would love to make the gizzard shaped egg basket. Maybe after Christmas. I have done a couple small baskets over the years with cubscouts and have always wanted to REALLY get into basket weaving.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  07:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
What a great resource! Thank you! I took a basket weaving class many years ago...I'd love to get back into it. Just what I need...another project! LOLOLOL

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
What made me think of it was I am teaching 1st year boyscouts how to weave a stool and make two baskets and the bug has bit me again too!
I would love to learn how to do the Nantucket baskets but the kits with molds are a little too pricey for me! I think they also rent them monthly though...oh no! Another project in the making!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Oct 17 2006 09:04:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  11:13:22 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the info!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  12:48:51 PM  Show Profile
What a fabulous link! I love the New England tote basket!! I might have to give that a whirl!! And the Nantucket Lightship basket is beautiful! Just one more thing to add to my project list!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Basket Makers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page