Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Does anyone else have Spring Fever??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Does anyone else have Spring Fever?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  08:40:39 AM  Show Profile
I have also got Spring Fever and am glad I'm not alone! I got cinder blocks for raised beds for my aniversary from my DH and then he got me dirt for my birthday! My friends thought I was crazy! I did cheat this year and bought plants, but next year I'll be ready. I'm getting my farm girl on again now that I'm home again.

It all comes back to the ground!

Go to Top of Page

KuntryKlucker
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Noelle
Tennessee
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  09:58:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mscountrygirl

I have also got Spring Fever and am glad I'm not alone! I got cinder blocks for raised beds for my aniversary from my DH and then he got me dirt for my birthday! My friends thought I was crazy! I did cheat this year and bought plants, but next year I'll be ready. I'm getting my farm girl on again now that I'm home again.

It all comes back to the ground!

I totally understand your excitment about getting dirt for your birthday. I do not think you are crazy but rather a normal farm girl. My husband has learned that I do not really like cut flowers. But if he gets me a plant for my birthday or anniversary something I can plant I really go crazy over that. I have a garden for all the plants that my hubby gets me. I have to able to plant them so I have space just for them. Every year he gets me easter lilies. I think that the lilies need a garden of their own:-) they are beautiful and bloom after my spring lilies, so I have lilies till late summer.

Give me the simple country life.
Go to Top of Page

judyecl
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

jduy
presho south dakota
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  06:28:18 AM  Show Profile
I feel like it is Spring for the first time. I am in Ne. visiting my Daughter and granddaughters for Easter.
She had me come out yesterday to tell her what is what coming up in her yard. She has a lot of plants, and they just moved her in the Fall. So it is exciting to see things up ! In SD, we have nothing up yet, and the trees are budding too ! We cleared some beds out, just in time for a nice spring rain last night ! Today, they are going to fertilize the yard and start a raised bed for Strawberries. Exciting !
Judy
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  1:09:27 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like we are all ready for spring. It sure has been a long winter. Have a question. My aunt works at a charitable organization so I asked her to save the used plastic mini cupcake containers so I could start my seeds. I did and they are lookin' pretty good. But with spring being late can anyone give me tips on what to transplant them into next? The containers are about the same size as an egg carton or maybe even a bit smaller. thanks
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  3:05:40 PM  Show Profile
What a differnce a few days make. It hasn't snowed for a couple of weeks, so I started my garden, just the cool weather stuff, and I have radishes up. I planted 4 little bitty cabbages, and they are dong well. I planted a new strawberry patch. So, it looks like spring might just be here.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Does anyone else have Spring Fever?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page