Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 DOTEE DOLL March Swap - PARTNERS POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic DOTEE DOLL March Swap - PARTNERS POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  05:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Darlene..
Your Dotee Buddy is packing her bags today and will be jetting out in the morning. She should be there in time for your Easter Celebrations...Hope you enjoy her !

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Farm Sisters,

The dotee dolls are all just adorable. You gals rock with creativity!
And to think, all of you are my sisters. WooooHoooo!!!

Keep crafting! All of you are AWESOME!

Love all of you,

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  6:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Mary your dotee from January is so cute, I love it.
I will have your dotee in the mail hopefully for Easter also. I will try to mail it tomorrow. Her Dotee friends are excited to know that she is on her way, and they can hardly wait to celebrate Easter with her.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  12:22:14 PM  Show Profile
Madelina
I sent you an email.
I find that I don't have your address and Betsy Nighty night is getting worried she won't make it be Easter. I told her all would be fine.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  5:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Brenda aka Brightmeadow,

Thank you for my "Dazzlin Dahlia" Dotee Doll! I love her. I mean, I really really love her. She is Beautiful! I love her sweet little face. How did you make her face. I would love to borrow your idea if that would be okay with you. She is precious beyond words. She is hanging out with "Candy Striper" and all the other dotee's. They want me to take them out for dinner. I'm sure "Dazzlin Dahlia" will mind her manners. She looks very lady like. Her little dainty tail of delicate blue beads holds a tiny charm with the word "Love" on it.
She will be treasured and enjoyed for many, many years to come. Her embroidered dahlia flower on the front is gorgeous!

Thank you for all the extra tuck-ins. Sweet friend, you did way to much. I love the Busy bee magnet clip note holder. Cute! I will put that to good use right away. Did you make my card? I love all the embroidery work on it. I will be displaying it on my memory board in my craft studio. It is stunning!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the sweet and gorgeous tea holder. Farm girls, I hope you can see how beautiful this is. The fabric on the outside looks like honeycomb, and the fabric on the inside has flowers and bees, The loop closure is held tightly closed by the sweetest little bee button I have ever seen. The little bee has a smile on its face. The front has an embroidered picture of a teapot.
Brenda, you put so much work and love into your projects.

Also, check out "Mousie." Isn't she just a cutie? And she belongs to me. No sharing her with Big Buzz. LOL! She has the tiniest little pink nose and amber colored eyes. She is wearing a beautiful little pink ric-rac bow on top of her head. I am sure "Mousie" will be joining us girls for dinner. She will be hanging out with all the dotees. Hopefully, this will keep some of the boys away. LOL!

Again, many thanks for Dazzlin Dahlia and all of the sweet tuck-ins. Like I said, you did way, way to much. But I love and appreciate all that you did.

Hugs!
Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  6:06:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow- after a long day at work I came home to the most amazing package. It was wrapped in spring paper and nestled inside was Nelwine and her cottage, beautiful chocolate bunnies, wild flower seeds, a flower sucker and floral beads. Sassy Frassy and Ladybug were right on hand for the open house event and Nelwine immediately invited them to join her inside. Look how happy they all are. I am so impressed that some of you ladies actually draw beautiful faces on these dolls. That is a talent I do not own.

Nelwine is wearing her new easter dress and Easter bonnett, all in bright happy easter colors. She makes a happy addition to my dotee family.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  6:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
Ruby,

I just wanted to let you know that your doll is on her way. She got packaged up a couple days ago, but I had some sick kids in the house and couldn't get her out sooner. I hope she gets to you safe. My little one loved her, and carried her around for a couple days. So, she is 1 yr old approved!!

http://oshundeart-com.webs.com/
http://www.facebook.com/OshunDeArt
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OshundeArt

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  6:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Nelwine is beautiful!

I love her little flirty skirt of feathers. We need to have a Dotee family reunion someday. Speaking of Dotee's, mine are tugging at my sleeve to shut down the computer and take them out for dinner.
Since Dazzlin Dahlia is the newest member of our Dotee family she will have the honor of choosing a restaurant for us. (Please do not let it be McDonalds.) LOL!

Enjoy Nelwine! She is a real cutie!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  9:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Glenda
Oh how sweet little Nelwine is, I love her little cottage, so fun!

Deborah,
I hope you all have a good dinner out and it is someplace you enjoy.
love
darlene

Madelana, Miss Betsy Nighty night is on her way to your house.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  09:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Deborah,

I don't normally include all the extras with my Dotees but since I am home recovering from a hip replacement, I am bored out of my mind although I am not sure I am quite ready to go back to work yet. So I am cleaning out and organizing my craft room, and you were the lucky beneficiary!

That magnetic clip is something that I bought on a whim years ago and it has been sitting on the shelf all this time. Since your screen name is Buzzn Bee, it just seemed to be appropriate.

Same with the button, and the honeycomb fabric, both impulse purchases several years ago just waiting for inspiration to hit. I recently came across the "tea wallet" pattern on the internet and thought it was clever. Here's the link http://blog.christyscreations.com/tea-wallet-tutorial/

The Dotee's face was scanned in to my computer from a drawing on a calendar and slightly altered in Microsoft Paint to make it "mine" instead of the original artist's. Then I copied (cut and pasted) multiples so that several would fit on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, I altered each one slightly for different personalities, and used fabric transfer paper in my ink jet printer to print out a fabric version. it's been a couple of years, I don't remember which product I used, but several brands are available both at fabric stores and office supply stores. Then I cut them out and appliqued around them onto the dotee's body.

"Mousie" was inspirated by your recent pranks with Big Buzz, as you know. Believe it or not, I used a pattern for an owl pincushion http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/simple-quilts-fall-2012-%E2%80%93-wise-owl-pincushions/ to make him. I just used only one color of fabric instead of the two that you would use for the owl. Her ears are Prairie Points (maybe they look more like piggy ears than mouse ears!) I may challenge myself to figure out if I can make any other animals using this one pattern piece, maybe with 4 or 5 pieces instead of only 3. By the way, the directions call for filling the pincusion with ground walnut shells - does ANYONE really use this for pincusions? I always just use fiberfill or wool, whatever I have on hand.

While I am sharing links, I'll also include this one I am using to make labels for baskets in my craft room - http://www.bhg.com/decorating/storage/organization-basics/free-printable-storage-labels/
The directions say to use luggage tags, but I am clever (and frugal) and used ID badge laminating envelopes, which I already had on hand. They are available in packs of 50 or 100 at office supply stores. The directions on the laminating stuff says you have to use a laminating machine, but I have found that a iron on "silk/wool" setting works just fine. I've used these in the past for insurance cards and other stuff you print out online and have to keep in your wallet.

The card was made from a sample I stitched out a few months ago (notice that it also has a bee on it, with the ladybug and butterflies) and the card itself I received in a "surprise pack" from Herschnerrs. So I guess I just collected all my "bee" paraphrenalia for you!

I really enjoyed the swap. Thanks for posting the pictures!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Mar 26 2013 11:54:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Deborah,

The mail carrier just arrived and so did your delightful "Bunny"! She is adorable! I did have to hop after her to catch her, because as soon as the box was open, off she scampered!

She has a powder-puff bunny tail....

and she has sparkly beads for her Dotee tail, and she carries her own carrot!

I hope these sixlets are not power pills for bunny or I will never find her!

My grandsons are coming to visit next week so the stickers will keep them busy!

What a cute container!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  4:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Madeline - My DH reported that the three ladies were up ALLLLLLLLLLL night chatting and laughing. LOL I forgot to mention that Nelwine is wearing the sweetest pink earrings.

Deborah - Bunny is so clever, love the ears!

Thank everyone for making this so much fun.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  10:09:46 PM  Show Profile
My Glenda you have a busy one there don't you. I bet Nelwine earrings are pretty.

Deborah, The bunny is soooo cute!

hugs, I have really enjoyed this swap. Mary should be getting Miss Betsy Nighty night soon.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  06:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Deborah-Brenda.. What a wonderful collection to your Dotee family.. I can see that our little communities are growing by leaps and bound with these swaps.
Dazzlin Dahlia is cute beyond words.. Makes me hanker for an embroidery machine too.. although I am so UNmechanical, I would have trouble threading the needle !!
As for Mousie.. My kittie wants to know where he can get one too!!

Everyone.. Enjoy your Easter Swap!!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  07:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Brenda...

Ooo.. and Delightful Bunny also has appeared.. Such a cute face!!
Scampering about already.. After all it's almost Easter and I'm sure she has some baskets or colored eggs she was assigned by her Cuz Mr. E. Bunny to deliver!

Sorry to Say that the Sixlets ARE bunny energy pills. You might want to take a few yourself to keep up with her !!

Thanks for the great web sites.. Hope you are up and about soon.. but I think you will appreciate all the organization and sorting you are doing. If you have any extra time off, want to fly to Texas? My mother had "A place for everything and everything in its place". I have a place for everything, just not sure where the places are. LOL

Have a Great Easter, All,

Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  11:23:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Beccaroo, your dotee is in the mail too!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  8:25:59 PM  Show Profile
I got the cutest little bunny dotee in the mail today, She is such a sweet heart and her name is Pamela. Mary did such a great job and Pamela flew well coming to her hew home. She has her little suitcase, and her carrot and some extra chocolates and she brought pictures of her family with her. Pamela dotee's travel out fit is red with white delicate wavy lines and lines of white hearts. She is wearing a white heart on her shirt and has carrots and flower beads on her sash. I will post pictures soon as i can get another thumb drive, mine fell apart. Hopefully tomorrow. she is so adorable.
Thanks Mary, nice job.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  05:24:40 AM  Show Profile
DARLENE...
Oh, She's here ! She's here. Complete with her sleepy bonnet and nightie. And pillow and little rabbit. She arrived safely this afternoon.

I see she likes to snack late at night too! She came prepared, but she did share the PB egg with me. I'm going to let her eat the rest of her candy, I don't want her to think I just love her for her chocolate !! (she is sharing her hot cocoa too... what a sweet girl)

We looked thru her travel trunk and realized that she did not bring any other outfits with her. Tomorrow she and Diva Dotee are going to the Outlet Mall and shop til they drop. Hope they still have the energy to come home. Diva has such good taste, I'm sure she will be pleased.

I'll have to send you a picture of her new outfits. I'm sure she will have a great time with the other girls. Oh, and our new bunny!

Soo very cute. You out did yourself, girl !!! Love her!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  10:58:55 PM  Show Profile
I took some pictures of Pamela Bunny Dotee but my computer is not working right again so I can't post at this time. I will later.
Thanks again.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
Ruby,

Just wanted to let you know your dotee doll made it here safe and sound. Found her in my mailbox yesterday. She is too cute with her wooden face and pink hair. She is hanging next to my desk where my daughter can't find her. I know just as soon as she spots her, I might never get her back. Thank you so much!

http://oshundeart-com.webs.com/
http://www.facebook.com/OshunDeArt
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OshundeArt

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  5:47:03 PM  Show Profile

EVERYONE PLEASE ENJOY A PIC OF MISS BETSY NIGHT NITE...

THANKS DARLENE.. The girls are back from their shopping trip, and now they are going on a camping trip with me this week. It's a good thing they thought to buy some MJ outdoorsy clothes !

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  6:06:27 PM  Show Profile

Darlene.. I have posted a picture of your Dotee Bunny. His brother came by and wanted to know how he was doing. Then, he brought the family and they have been frolicking through my wild flowers, which looks like sherman tanks have been mowing them down. Talk about crazy as a March Hare !
In case Dotee B is homesick, here is a picture of Bubby Bunny

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic DOTEE DOLL March Swap - PARTNERS POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page