Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 how do you do yo yo's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic how do you do yo yo's Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  2:02:25 PM  Show Profile
I would love to learn to make these, I don't really want to but the "special" kit. but would like to learn how the "real' way to make them. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thank you sisters!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  2:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Yoyo's are so easy and addictive! First make a circle template usually four inches around. Then, cut out your material. Now turn your circle so the wrong side of the material is facing up.Turn the raw edge down a quarter inch and finger press it a bit. Next take a threaded needle and run it through the turned down material (make sure the knot is hidden between the i/4th in turn over) back to front. Run a stitch around the circle using about a one fourth inch stitch length. When you get to the knot pull the thread tight and yahoo! you have a sweet little yoyo! Run a couple of small stitches at the end and tie it off with a knot. I use pearl cotton thread to make my yoyos as it is stronger but any good thread will do. Good luck and have fun! I just make a baby quilt completely out of yoyos...I wish i would have taken a picture of it.

"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."
Source Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  08:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Lori- here's a post i made a few days' back- sometimes it helps to know somehistory ! anyhow - Peggy Lady in Red's heart yo yo tutorial is on here as well

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62344

as for round ones- some folks use canning jar lids as their template- size only is determined by what you cut out!

welcome to the addiction!!! hugs!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to know why you would like to make yo yos. Just curious. I can see you making pom-poms, etc....
70 hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  2:45:50 PM  Show Profile
I need to learn how to make yo yo's to add a little country bling to the pom poms!!!
80 hugs to you my dear friend! love you dear friends!!
Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic how do you do yo yo's Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page