Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Part 1...Me :) Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Lots of things have change since we last sat and had a cuppa coffee. ļ
When we moved from CA to TN, we didn¡¦t realize the problem we brought with us. Living near the ocean, we had problems with the salty air and humidity rusting everything. I was adamant about cleaning and maintaining everything. When we moved to TN, a lot of our items stayed in storage in the garage. Well, add the humidity of TN, after 3 months, ANYTHING in a tote, bag or otherwise was moldy. BIG heaping mounds of toxic nasty mold.
We threw out 25 large totes of items, most of what we owned. All that survived was what I happened to bring into the house- some clothes, dining room table, pictures, Charlie¡¦s toys, 1 small tote of misc items and some kitchen items. We bought a couch when we arrived in TN. ALL the rest was ruined. I am grateful that I am not attached to things and that the small tote saved had Charlie¡¦s baby items in it. I was left with a half of closet of clothes (all of our winter stuff was ruined) and my wedding band, studs and small necklace. I didn¡¦t realize my jewelry box was in the totes.
The reason we didn¡¦t immediately unpack was because I started working as soon as we arrived and hubby deployed for several weeks for several months in a row. Then he was injured and my world was turned upside down. I dropped everything and focused on working, hubby, Charlie and living life. Things didn¡¦t matter. I honestly think all of this happened for a reason.
So fast forward, we FINALLY move home to Texas and I start climbing the corporate ladder fast. It was fun at first but then some ethical behavior of others reared it¡¦s ugly head and I started questioning if the work I was doing was worth the money. I truly felt like the Devil was taking a hold in me and it scared me. I prayed and prayed and waited for an answer.
Then, Scott had corrective surgery and I almost lost him during surgery. Talk about an eye opening experience. The worst part of it was it happened at the hospital I was working at and the leadership there treated me like garbage. I was literally taking my laptop into his room to work for 14 hours a day and they told me that wasn¡¦t good enough. Then some other ridiculous things happened and I resigned 2 weeks ago. I couldn¡¦t take the stress anymore. I don¡¦t even know if I want to stay in healthcare but I just want to take care of my family. My health was taking a nose dive and ever y time I looked at Charlie, I knew in my heart it wasn¡¦t worth it.
I have placed my entire faith in God¡¦s hands and I know He will help me figure it out. I have never taken such a leap of faith like this but it was either jump or die standing in place.
So that is the quick and easy version. Nice to be back. ļ

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  07:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Deborah. It's all positive.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  07:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Praying for you Heather as you go through all the changes and transitions. Life can send a lot of challenges our way and sometimes we have to make decisions that seem scary at the time. God is faithful!
Hang in there with prayer and His grace!
PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  07:39:09 AM  Show Profile
As far as realising you're in the wrong place workwise,I quit my part time job last July-for much the same reason you did-the stress,and no matter how much you did,it wasn't enough....combined with conflicts with co workers for unknown reasons.
Took a couple of months for me personally to really "let go" of the whole thing-nothing worse than being at your old job mentally when you're no longer an employee. I've focused on my business ever since tho that has been very challenging,,,,and I'm rising to that challenge.
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone,and things will work out! Hoping your hubby gets better soon. Thoughts are with you both.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

https://www.facebook.com/MandolinBabesPickinParlour

http://www.banjobelle.info

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,clarinet playin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile
You have placed things in your life and your families life in the right hand! I will pray for you as well as your hubby and Charlie. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  09:24:53 AM  Show Profile
I ditto what Bear said. God is in control. It will be scarey for awhile, but God knows what He is doing. You may never know why all this happened, but God does and He is the only one who counts. I will pray that He gives you the peace that passeth all understanding. Been there---done that.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  12:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers your way Heather. I agree with what the other ladies are saying...everything in God's time. It sounds as if you are a smart farmgirl and know where your priorities lay, so I am sure things will work themselves out for you and the family. Welcome Back!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  2:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather, It sounds like you and your family have been through a lot of stress. I will be praying and thinking of you all during this transition. Don't give up..take everything one day at a time, and if that is too much, then it can be one hour, one minute...at a time. Big Farmgirl Hugs, Erica

Farm Girl #2731
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  2:51:30 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
How sad. Please know dear farmsister, I will be praying for you and all of your family. Keep your precious faith in God. he will never forsake you. He doesn't close one door unless he plans to open another.

Blessings and lots, and lots of good old fashion hugs!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Part 1...Me :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page