Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 What are you doing for Lent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic What are you doing for Lent? Next Topic  

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Howdy!

I'm not Catholic, but I do try to keep Lent. I think it is a good practice to set aside a certain time each year to reflect on my inner-self. To see where I am weak and need to improve, and to see wear I have grown. Also, to fast or give up something, for a time, as a act of self discipline, because Lord knows I need more self discipline!

So this year I am getting up earlier to add to my Prayer and Bible reading. I've added in a Book called Small Surrenders, a Lenten Journey by Emilie Griffin for extra contemplation. And I've given up a major time waster: computer games! And just for an extra boost of discipline, I'm fasting Chocolate.

I'd love to hear what other Farm Girls are doing, and perhaps we can even pray for eachother during this season.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am not Catholic either but like you, I like the concept. I am giving up pop and I am giving up my toxic job. Yep- I resigned, without a net and but it in God's hand. I spending this time assessing what I truly want from a job. I am giving up back stabbing people who lie who only go for the jugular. That is not part of my personal ethics and morals.

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Heather! You go Girl! I'll be praying for a better job!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you Heather, God is good he is with you!
For lent I am try to clean stuff out and getting rid of it.
It is a big job and have to keep pushing my self to do it. I had stuff in storage and now it is home to save money and it is a big job to deal with.
Have an awesome day.
blessings.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am doing this: http://www.redoakroad.com/2013/02/40-bags-in-40-days.html

And we are reading a devotional every day. I got mine here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/02/when-lent-valentines-collide-40-days-of-thanksloving/

Hope this helps.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  5:46:22 PM  Show Profile
That really is meaningful Amy.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  6:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Amy, what a beautiful website! I'm going to have to spend some time there! and 40 bags in 40 days...wow...1st I've heard of that, but what a good idea!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks y'all..maybe in 40 days/nights I will have a new job. ;) One I am passionate about.

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I hope so Heather. Prays going out to you!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  10:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Heather, You know you WILL get the right job. What meaningful things you are doing. I am leading a study of the book "The Covenant" each week during Lent. We go to church on Wednesdays each week for a service and a short play. They are very meaningful.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic What are you doing for Lent? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page