Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 not sure what to ask for, needing peace of mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic not sure what to ask for, needing peace of mind Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  06:09:42 AM  Show Profile
The sheriff was just at my house. I had just been on the computer, and still in my jammies, hair all astray......

I see the sheriff pull in, and said, "uh, he's not turning around he's coming to the door!"

First I thought hubby was in a bad accident (he's working double shifts and got home after midnight and left 6:30am)....he came about my son.

My son paid a site to get the owner's info on the person who hit our dog....he evidently wrote letters and mailed them to this woman. I am so distraught that I brought up my son to behave this way. He's so full of anger. This woman took these letters as harassment, and my son could be charged.

Thank God, this woman has pets, told the Sheriff she was very sorry, and thought the dog was a deer etc etc. She was worried that my son was stalking her, and very possibly could be. He leaves at night.

The sheriff was nice and told us the woman won't press charges for car damages if my son stops his stalking and harassment. Please pray he doesn't do this anymore. I made him get out of bed and listen to the sheriff.

I'm just sick to my stomach. I can't take anymore.....

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  06:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Kristina- I am praying for peace for you and for your son not to be full of anger. Keeping you and your family close to my heart!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  06:25:38 AM  Show Profile
it's so hard to know what is going on in our children's minds and hearts..sending prayers...

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  08:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Kristina,

I feel so scared for you and your son. I can't imagine what a blow it must have been to hear what the sheriff was saying to you and possibly putting two and two together when you thought about your son leaving at night.

Just from reading the things your son has written and seeing the video he put together, it's clear that he holds a lot of anger and resentment towards the person that hit his dear dog. I can totally understand why he would feel hurt that the person who hit his dog didn't stop while he was left with his best friend lying in the road. I truly do not mean to sound condescending on this next part, I just say it because people don't think straight when something devastating has happened to them....but does he understand (I mean that honestly...does he understand?)that she very well could have thought it was some other animal? It was dark and she was probably alone and maybe was scared to turn around. People react to situations in different ways. If you or I hit what we believed to be a deer, we may have turned around to make sure the animal wasn't suffering or in the road. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like that, but it doesn't make her actions malice. Perhaps when she found out it was a dog she hit, she did feel badly, but when your son sent those letters and she got the feeling that he was stalking her, that changed the situation.

Maybe your son just needed to hear an apology. He obviously feels that the woman who hit his dog was uncaring and didn't think twice about his poor dog that was killed. I don't know if an apology is possible after everything that has happened??

Oh Kristina, my heart sinks thinking about the worry you feel for your son. I will keep you both in my prayers. I will pray that your son can let go of the anger he holds in his heart so he can heal.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  3:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kristina,
I am so sorry to hear about this situation, I will keep you in my prayers to be help your son get through this and his anger and I will pray that your family can get stronger through all that has happened to you all and also prayer for the woman who hit your son's dog and that all gets cleared up and that your son listened to Sheriff when he was there so that he can realize what he is doing is the wrong way to go about things. I pray that his anger calms and for all the family to because of everything that has happened to you all in finances, jobs, and family. God is going to bring you through all this. Give it to Him....
love and hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  3:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kristi,
I'm soooooooo sad and sorry to hear this. I will continue praying for healing, for resolution, for peace and for wisdom.
My heart hurts for you!
PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Kristina,
This is a tough situation. I think your son will just have to turn the other cheek and forgive this woman. I am sure she didn't mean to kill his dog. I will be praying for you and your son. I hope he can heal from this terrible loss and end all the anger he is feeling.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  6:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kristina,
I just saw this post and my heart dropped. I am so sorry that you have just been handed so much to deal with lately. I am sorry that your son has such anger towards this woman.
As terrible as this situation seems, perhaps it is a blessing in disguise. What I mean by that is, the sheriff coming to your house NOW, explaining what appears to be going on, is better than the sheriff coming knocking AFTER your son has really done something he will regret.
I pray that your son can forgive and move forward now. I think that he has too much time on his hands and has become consumed with the death of Gus. I will continue to pray that he can find employment.

Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kristi,
Walking Bramble this morning in the snowy weather, thinking of you and this situation . . . PRAYING! PRAYING!!
HUGS TO YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kris, when it rains it certainly pours. You have been through SO much lately and now your poor son. Sending HUGE hugs and keeping you all in prayer. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  4:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Kristina,
Do not let your faith waiver. Your son is heart broken and he doesn't know what to do.It would have been nice if the lady had come to your son and apologized. It would have still hurt, but he would know that she truly was sorry. I think the deep hurt comes from the fact that she did not stop. He needs to find a way to channel all of his anger into something good. Maybe he could volunteer at an animal shelter, where he can pass along the love that Gus gave to him and he to Gus.

Please hug him for me. I will contiue to pray.

Love,

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am praying for you and your son.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  06:32:53 AM  Show Profile
I am sure the woman did not want to talk face to face (as the Sheriff had asked her) due to her story not being true to her word. She told the Sheriff that she and her friend had come back "3" times to check the ditches. We all here, believe she was not telling the truth. We were out walking the highway with flashlights for an hour, and even longer after that. She did not come back. Not that night anyway.

Now that he has a headstone on the grave, he seems to be doing a teensy bit better, but he has no motivation to do anything. He's not drawing or job searching. However, some days he does exercise.

Thank you for your prayers.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  1:58:07 PM  Show Profile
I understand how your son feels. I will keep praying that he will feel better soon. It is sad when people do stuff and say stuff that isnt true. I don't know who hit my cat but I just pray they felt bad about it and just will slow down so they won't hit something else or somebody.
It seems to me that you cannot hit something or somebody and not have it in your mind constantly and maybe seeing it happen over and over again because it was alive until you hit it. Am I wrong about this?
Anyway I just have to give it to God and he will help me through this too.

The headstone will help with closure some.

Love and hugs
Darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic not sure what to ask for, needing peace of mind Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page