crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  1:21:40 PM  Show Profile
This is my new stallion that I got back in September. He is sooo sweet and soooo beautiful. He has his winter coat on in this pic. His name is Cee Bees Traveler but we already have a traveller in our herd so I call him Shorty. He is only 14 hh tall but is stout and well built. He's easy to get on. I had plans to ride and sell breedings but I have him for sale right now for lack of time. He is supposed to be broke but hasn't been ridden in a couple of years and I haven't even had time to try him out. (The ground is frozen and hard and I'm an old lady) lol. If I still have him this spring I think I might get one of the young men around to get him started for me. He really clicks with me, he's like a sweet teddy bear, doesn't act up like many stallions do and is very compliant.

Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrittergrannysLair
www.nmbarrelhorses.com
www.creamofthecroptrailrides.webs.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  1:52:07 PM  Show Profile
You do have some handsome horses. I love his colors. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  2:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marly....An interesting thing about his color is that he has sired 18 foals and they are all palomino even being bred to mares of all colors. With palomino stallions it is usually a 50/50 chance that they will throw a cream gene and make a palomino baby but I guess sometimes they can have a sort of mutation that creates a sort of tail on the DNA that sort of connects the cream DNA to all of their genes. Sort of similar to a sex link in chickens. His mane is a little different than many palominos in that it has red streaks in it at the base and I wonder if it doesn't indicate this mutation. He really does have interesting coloring. It's not really what they call homozygous though and might not always come through, and with the way things usually go with me I'll get the first colt of his that isn't palomino. I wouldn't really mind though, I like all colors, this was just frosting on the cake to me, and sort of interesting. His color does make him more marketable.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  3:45:01 PM  Show Profile
He is handsome.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Laura, very interesting about his color! I guess he has a lot of dominant genes. He is just so beautiful!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  5:05:55 PM  Show Profile
He is beautiful!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

wincrestnubians
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Jennifer
Ohio
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  06:39:49 AM  Show Profile
He sure is pretty. You sound like me, horse poor! LOL Built nice though. He is AQHA right?

Only those with an open mind can learn from ones own mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  07:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Laura,

Your horses are beautiful! I've enjoyed seeing the pictures of them. Shorty does look like a sweetheart! :)

Emily
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  07:43:18 AM  Show Profile
What a beauty! That's the one thing I lament almost weekly--not having land and a horse. Don't want a lot, but that's the two things I DO want!

Love those winter coats on horse, too. Just makes me want to hug them.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  09:15:21 AM  Show Profile
Jonni maybe you could lease a horse at a nearby stable. If you like to ride especially. A horse can be kept in a stall, it's just a little more labor intensive and they have to be fed year round instead of put out on pasture. I would think that in Kentucky it wouldn't take much land to support grazing for a horse. Don't give up on your dream.
Emily yes he is a Sweetheart. Incredibly so for a stallion.
Jennifer yup they keep us broke don't they. Horses is all I have to offer right now so I try to share. Yes he is AQHA. Here is his pedigree

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cee+bees+traveler

He is pretty much half cow blood and half running blood. He is built really well and has very thick bone, his legs are probably the thickest we have on the place. Even though he's a shorty.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My new stallion Shorty Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page