clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile
Ok...lets try this again. So, last time I came back, ,I was in the process of purchasing my dream farmhouse here in Michigan. Then, the day after closing we were in a horrible car accident (our minivan vs. a semi truck). Well, between settling into our new home and picking up the pieces after our accident with the insurance company and such, I just lost touch with my farmgirl sisters again....and then came baby. My 4th son, Graeme Sullivan Walker, was born on November 29th, the morning after my oldest son's birthday :) I'm so glad he's here and especially that he survived the accident along with the rest of us.
Anyways...he's six weeks old now and I'm finally getting oriented back into not,al life again. Still homeschooling my two oldest...boy is that a challenge. But I seem to find moments (like when I'm nursing baby) to slip away and do something for me. So nested of sitting and watching something worthless on television while I'm nursing, I thought I'd come hang with my favorite group of ladies online. :)

Oh...and I'm finally gonna get chickens this spring!!! Any advice for beginners would be so helpful...you know, those things you say, "I wish someone woulda told me this..."

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  09:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back. I remember when you wrote about your accident. Congratulations on your new son. Between that and homeschooling, I am sure you are one busy farmgirl. I do not have chicken, since I live in town and they are not allowed here. Good to hear from you and that everything is going well for you.Looking forward to more posts from you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  2:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, I remember you from some posts! Time to update your signature line! Congratulations on Graeme. It has been a very busy time for you. I hope you will have a much calmer end to the winter.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  3:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow! What a journey! Congrats on the new little one, and glad that y'all are ok!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  06:13:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey there! I've wondered where you went! So good to have you back here Siobhan! Congrats on all the new joys in your life, especially your sweet little baby. What a blessing!!

Big hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  06:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan,
I am so glad you are back! I have been following you on Facebook. Your little Graeme is so precious. You look amazing! May 2013 be a blessed year for you and your wonderful family.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcomes, everyone! I feel like a bit of a flake sometimes because I can't quite be consistent on here. I hope you'll all forgive me for my flakiness, but I guess I'm just in a bit of a flaky season of life....LOL! My heart really is here. I wish I ad more time in my day to pour over farmgirl posts. I love reading them so much! And I wish I had time to earn badges too. That kinda stuff is so much fun to me, but I don't really have time to do anything fun these days :/ I have grand plans for the spring though. I have a vintage Peg Perego baby buggy that I plan on bringing outside for the baby to lay in while the big boys and I garden and chase chickens around the yard. :) It probably won't turn out exactly as I imagine it, but it sure is nice to dream of sunshine and flowers and kids playing their little hearts out. It's been so darn cold here and hardly a drop of snow to make the cold worth it.
Well, feeding is over and schooling calls. I look forward to chatting around the forums again :) and yes, I must go add my new little arrow to the quiver in my signature :)

Blessings!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Jan 15 2013 12:09:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  2:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan,

So glad to hear you are well! I didn't hear about your accident! How scarey! So glad the Lord protected you all and you're safe and sound on your farm and with your happy kiddos! Enjoy this season with your newest son! Those days pass by so quickly....(sigh) I can hardly believe my youngest is almost 10!!! Yikes!

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with the chickens and the spring that is bound to be here before we know it!

~Hugs,
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  3:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Siobhan! Congratulations on your newest son- I love the name!
Its so nice to see you around here on the farm again!
Hugs to you,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  06:29:10 AM  Show Profile
So glad you're back, Siobhan. What incredible life changes you've gone through. Congrats on the house and BIG congrats on the new baby. And a big Praise God for y'all's surviving a horrific accident.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  11:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, Siobhan . . . I've certainly missed you! Was seeing you on Facebook some, but missed you SOOOOOO much here!
Welcome back!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  12:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Good to read your post. Congratulations on your new baby. Hope things gets easier each day.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  02:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan , welcome back. :)

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic I'm back...again :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page