dressingcircle
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

felinesurprize
Michigan
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  2:22:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy for the internet! Here must be where the cool gals are!
I'm a city gal myself, but a major make-doer. Can't wait to see what I learn.

You cannot please the world and please yourself; I choose to please myself. Colette

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  2:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome ! This is for sure where the cool gals are!! I am glad you found us! Make-doers are the best!! It will be lots of fun to get to know you here!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  2:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group it doesn't matter that you live in the city as long as you are friendly that is all we care about. I hope you have fun here.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  3:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! We are the coolest and you will love it here. The best make-doers all meet here.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  4:59:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to a fellow make-doer! Maybe this could be a new topic - everyone's best make-do! Maybe MJF could do a whole make-do magazine - that would be cool!!
Look forward to chatting soon,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Penny
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

NC
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  05:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cool Gal! I'm new here too, and love this site! I'm all for making-do too! Glad you are here.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Colette-yep this is where the cool girls are for sure! :)

Ellen in SW MI
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Cool Michigan Chick! I'm from MI myself; now living in the flatland of Illinois. Welcome in. Looking forward to your contributions/ ideas / fun!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  3:24:23 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Colette!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  7:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome!! So glad you found us and could join in! There are so many very talented gals here who make so many wonderful things!! So you will fit right in ( I make good conversation! ) I look forward to getting to know you as I see you round!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi there. I first found out about Mary Jane when I came across her magazine at a book store about 1 1/2 years ago. When her book came out, I showed it to so many of my girlfriends. We have formed an informal Farm Girl Chapter (some husbands want their own "Wave if you're a Farmgirl" bumper sticker). Between miniature horse, beekeeping, chickens, children, flowers, and laughter, our group stays busy and connected. I'm just starting to check out the website though, and am excited to meet you!
Ann Forrester
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  12:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ann! Loved your website too..didn't realize that taste of home had a party plan type thing going...sounds fun!! I am glad you are joining us!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  1:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ann-glad to have your here too!

I took a quick peek at your website-I have to go back and read more! :)
Ellen in MI
I'm in SW MI-I'll have to see where Belmont is?
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  2:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Jenny and Ellen. I wasn't sure where Coloma was either. Are you near Centreville? I was just there during fair week. Belmont is very close to Grand Rapids. I live about 15 min. from the Fredrik Meijer Gardens - a great botanical garden to go to for inspiration.

Taste of Home Magazine started a new business just in May of this year. Reader's Digest is our parent company. They have put together a wonderful company. It has been so much fun to be a part of. Thanks for checking out the website. One day I plan to have a site for Forrester Farm too.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the warm welcome!
Ann Forrester
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  06:25:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from one Michigander to another :) Hope you have a great time on the board Colette! Tell us more about yourself if you get the chance.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  11:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there dressingcirlce and Ann! I feel like every time I check in here this amazing circle of farmgirls has grown. You know, I'll bet with all of our combined experiences, knowledge and intuition, we could accomplish ANYTHING!!! Again - Welcome. I just know you'll both love it here.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Michigan! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page