Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Now My Brother Needs Your Prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Now My Brother Needs Your Prayers Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  2:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Okay, so Dad is home and doing much better, thank God. But now we're facing another health crisis in the family. Long story short, this summer my brother was diagnosed with Acromegaly, and shortly thereafter they found that he has a 6.5 mm pituitary micro adenoma - is a benign tumor surrounding his pituitary gland. The doctor presented him with less than desirable options, but strongly feels that he is a good candidate for surgery. Once removed, the effects that he has already suffered with the disease will remain (HUGE baseball-gloved size hands, facial changes to make him look like that character in the movie, "Sling Blade," and many other problems that are internal and not as easily noticeable, but nevertheless painful or inhibitive), but they will not get any worse, praise God! The problem is that the tumor is literally resting on the main artery to the brain (carotid?), and with one tiny knick, my brother will lose his life. If they don't do the surgery, however, his life expectancy isn't very long, either. Originally, he was supposed to have the surgery last October, but there were scheduling issues with the hospital, so they moved it up again to late November. Then the doctor had a scheduling conflict arise. Since this doctor is supposedly THE doctor to perform this surgery, they put it off again. So now, my brother's going in for surgery on the 25th of this month. He loves the Lord dearly, and he trusts Him. We all do. But this is my baby brother we're talking about, so I'm pretty stressed over the whole thing. I know I shouldn't be - I should trust the Lord completely. I do. But... Yes, I know there shouldn't be any "but's," either, but I can't help it. I don't think I will rest easy until it's over and he's home recuperating. He's only 43 years old, he has a wonderful wife, six adorable children, and we all just love him - we all just NEED him. He is, and has always been, one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world. So I'm naturally concerned and stressed over the whole thing. It's scarey, that's all. So, if you would please keep my brother Harry in your prayers, I would really, really appreciate it. :) I know it's still a little early in the month before he has to go in, but I think it would be a good thing for us to get a head start on the prayers. It's a worried sister thing. :)

On a positive note, I have received emails from quite a few friends over the past couple of months, including our dear sister Ruthie (Violetrose), who have known people who have had to have this surgery and they have all had better than anticipated outcomes. It's such a blessing to hear that and to know that others have come through just fine! That's what I'm trusting God for with my brother, too!

Thanks so much, girls. I'll keep you posted, for sure!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 03 2013 2:40:25 PM

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  4:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

I will have your brother and family put on our prayer chain at my church. Remember sweetie, we farmsisters are here for you. I understand your fears, and it is okay. Our Heavenly Father knows that we are human. He is so merciful, and He is just the Greatest Physician of all. We will pray that His hand rest on the hands of the surgeon. We will pray for a miracle. I am glad to hear that your Dad is doing better. Now tell me sweet sister, what can I do to help you? It is important that you take time for Nini. You have had quite a few things to go through lately.

Put your little tootsies up and try to relax.

Please email me your address.

Love ya bunches!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  4:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
Praying that your brother's surgery goes well. You sure have a lot on your plate right now, prayers to you too!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I will begin praying now for your brother Harry, his children, his wife, you, and your family. Please, keep us posted. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  6:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

I just said a prayer for you, your brother, and all of his loved ones. Will continue to pray. I can only imagine how scary this is for all of you, but I know that God will see you through.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  7:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Nini-
Prayers to you and your brother. I understand your anxiety over this, but the Lord will watch over him and protect him.
I am glad to hear that your dad is home and doing better, Amen!
Please keep us posted with your brother,
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  7:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Dear Nini I am praying for God to heal your brother through the hands of the surgeon. The surgeon is an instrument from God. I pray the surgeon will feel Gods presence in the operating room and feel his guidance with his hands. I pray for his fast recovery and hope he will have many wonderful years with his family. All of you are in my prayers.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your brother, your peace of mind and a good outcome. My nephew had surgery on his brain stem when he was only five years old--the doctors who do this kind of surgery are very well-qualified. I know God will be watching over all. Hugs.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers to your brother and your family- praying for a positive surgery!!
Love and Hugs from Wisconsin!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  10:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls. You will never know how much your prayers, love and support mean to me. May God bless you beyond measure! I'll keep you posted, I promise! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  10:44:01 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I am praying for your brother, his family and for you too.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  11:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
PRAYING FOR YOU ALL!
SENDING HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  8:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I will be sending positive thought your way, as well. I hope that all goes well for your family.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  9:16:16 PM  Show Profile
still praying for you, your dad, and your brother.
Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  4:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

praying for you and your family.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  9:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Nini I am glad your Dad is doing better. I will pray for your brother that the surgery goes well and maybe all the swelling will go down afterward, and he will make it through this surgery with flying colors. I pray for you and your family to be strong through this for him and pray that God will bring you all through this situation soon.
Blessings to you all.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  12:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your prayers and support, girls. My brother is really feeling confident about the surgery, and finds much peace in the Lord. My dad, on the other hand, went back in the hospital and has full-blown pneumonia. He sounds pretty good over the phone, but he's still having swelling in his extremities and back, so they're going to keep him in for a while longer. For my dad, it's a matter of time, you know? I just want them both to be okay. It'll be okay. They're in God's hands, and I trust Him completely. But I sure do appreciate your prayers! I'll keep you posted. Love you!!! Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  12:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I'm praying deeply for your family and for you just now. I DO feel that both your Dad and your brother will be OK. You are a woman of faith and I know that strengthens you now. Gods hand is on this and he wil guide the doctors and nurses to do their best and He will put his healing hand on your father. Sending BIG HUGS to you. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  05:45:39 AM  Show Profile
Nini, keeping your brother, his family, your dad, and you all in prayer.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  07:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your father and your brother. Hope the surgery is successful. Will be praying for all of you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  06:41:22 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
Continued prayers for your dad and brother!

Farmgirl blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:42:46 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are continuing for you and your brother and dad Nini.
Take care
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2891 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2891 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  5:02:21 PM  Show Profile
This is an update from Nini about her & her brother's health issues. PLease keep our dear Nini in our prayers!!
"Hi girls -
I just got home from the eye injection (not good news - not a good experience, either - but I'll be okay) and received this email from my mother concerning my brother's surgery tomorrow. I just can't believe this. He must be so upset and frustrated.
SO.. apparently now we're looking at February 1st. This poor guy. I feel so bad for him. Please keep praying - I'll keep you posted!
Please forgive me for the brevity of this email. I can't see very well at all, and I have to call my Mom yet. I know I am forgetting to include some of our sisters in this loop, so, please feel free to forward with my apologies. Also, if someone could please update our farmgirl sisters on my original post about my brother, I would really appreciate it. I am just having a terrible time seeing right now, and my eye is burning. I hope everyone understands. I'm sorry!!! I'll get back to you all asap to fill you in. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and understanding!
Love and hugs -
Nini"

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls! Thank you, Lisa, for filling everyone in! Yes, the person who did the scheduling for my brother's surgery made a big mistake, and his surgery is now going to take place on February 1st. My Mom said he was very upset at first, but we all know that everything happens for a reason, so we're still just trusting in the Lord for everything. I just feel so bad for him because I know he (and all of us, really) were psyching ourself up for this big day yesterday, only to have to wait even longer! It must be grueling for his psyche! It sure is for mine! :) I'm sure everything will be fine. The Lord knows best, after all.

MY sad news with my eye is that back in December, the doctor thought I might be well on my way to healing. This visit, however, there was another huge rupture and a lot of blood under the surface under my retina. From the pictures, my husband and I honestly thought she was going to tell us I had another stroke. Thankfully, however, that's not the case. Since my eye had looked so good last month, the doctor postponed my appointment by two weeks for this month in the hopes that my eye would remain healthy and that I might not have to have an injection. Sadly, my eye wasn't ready, and the bleeding started again in a big way. So, now, I have to start the whole process aaaall over again. More injections, more yuck. But the good thing is that these nasty shots really do work. I had almost lost complete vision in my eye over the past couple of weeks, but after Thursday's injection, my eye has now cleared up a bit. YAY! I just couldn't see very well right afterward. It feels like the needle is still stuck in that eye, and that there's sand in it, and it's all watery and miserable, and then my right eye suffers sympathy watering. It's yucky. It's always an "event" when I have it done. I was really hoping to be done with it, but not yet! Oh well, I'll live! :) I'm just super happy to report everything is much better this morning, and my vision in my eye is showing significant improvement this morning! God is good! :)

So, if you will please all keep my brother in your prayers through his surgery on Friday, I'd really appreciate it. I promise to keep you posted as soon as I know anything!

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  3:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini
I sure will keep your brother in my prayers and pray that the time to Feb 1 hurry's up for him. I am keeping you in my prayers for your eyes and that they keep clearing. You take care of your self too Nini OK, Stress is not helping any one of you.
Love
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  9:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Nini, you will be in my prayers. Keep us posted. A super big hug to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Now My Brother Needs Your Prayers Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page