Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers Please/update for a stressful day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Please/update for a stressful day Next Topic
Page: of 2

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  08:34:52 AM  Show Profile
01-11-13 I have a new boss at work. She didn't much care for me in high school and cares for me even less now. She calls me into her office for reprimanding quite often. Well, as you all now I have been struggling as of late and had a really rough 2012, with dealing with the death of many many special people, I had some serious health issues for about 6 months. After she called me in the office this past week because one of my coworkers told her that I would go above and beyond to try and help them. My co worker stated that I was belittling her by doing that- I feel I didn't do anything special but take care of them the way I would want to be taken care and further more it is how I try and treat each and every patient that comes in. Have been doing it for over 20 years. I'm tired of being bullied- so I contacted her boss so that we can try and solve this issue. I'm off today for a day of vacation. Doing some painting this morning and then will get ready for my meeting. I ask for prayers for strength- I have all things documented, but when I get nervous I start crying and I don't want to do that- so if you have a spare minute maybe around 2:30 I would appreciate it. Thanks again for helping me through this mess!!

I don't much care for asking for prayers for myself- but I am feeling so broken hearted and low. I'm getting behind on life because I am finding it hard to focus and think.
So, if you have a moment and don't mind adding me to your prayer- I truly appreciate it.

Love and Hugs to all of you!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!

Edited by - crafter on Jan 11 2013 07:36:05 AM

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  08:53:04 AM  Show Profile
You sound like me right now, Lori. I so know how you feel. I'll be praying for you and sending good thoughts your way.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  09:25:44 AM  Show Profile
Continued prayers to you, Lori. Sending big hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  2:56:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much friends- I'm just in this funk and things seem dark.
I do appreciate all of the prayers! I know there is power in prayer!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
I am sorry you feel down right now. There is definitely power in prayer, and you will be in mine. Hope everything is okay.

((((((hugs))))))

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  3:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Lori - I just put you at the top of my list! :) And Kristin, you're right there with her! Love and hugs to both of you! Things WILL get better! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  3:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Nicole-
I feel foolish for feeling so down....your community, our country and what recently happened should make us all feel blue and sad- and that is part of my "funk" but I have but I have nothing compared to what those poor parents and families are going through.
Thank you for keeping me in your prayers and believe me you and your community are in mine!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  4:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
Prayers out to you. Maybe some farmgirl cheer would fix you up! Check out the get-together that I posted in the Gathered Up section. I could even pick you up!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to you Lori and you too Kristin. I know how you feel we all get that way sometimes for different reasons.
Remember its a new year and hope and new possibilities are in store for you both. I believe in the power of prayer and you both getting some powerful ones here from your farmgirls. Hugs to you both.Hang in there.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jan 02 2013 5:05:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Nini, you are the sweetest!
Lori, I am praying for you.
I am so sorry you are feeling so blue.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Ah Lori, so sorry, hate feeling that way, have a cuppa something warm soon everything will be back on track!
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  05:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Lori and Kristin, I will hold you in my prayers too.

Sometimes everyday is just tough,and then sharing the pain with the families from the superstorm and Sandy Hook has broken my heart too.

But we have the most powerful God, an Awesome God. I am proof that He can heal, that He can restore and reconcile our needs. We just all need to cry out to Him.
And Hears.

Love and Prayers to you and all my Farm Sisters

MaryJane

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  2:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much friends...so many peaks and valleys in life. All I can say is thank you for your prayers...I'm trying really hard to dig out of these blues and get back on track. Thank you again for keeping me close!

Love and Hugs to all of you!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  09:15:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Lori and Kris . . .and everyone,

It seems like we all have some days where it's just so much of a struggle and things are discouraging. I know I've been dealing with my own set of struggles and issues. It also seems like that when the holidays are over many folks feel kinda "let down" for whatever reason. It's kind of like we are back to the routine and reality and sometimes that reality doesn't look very cheery or hopeful.

So, I'm praying for you . . . and I hope we can ALL just lift each other up in prayer.
Prayer IS the most powerful tool we have! Not only is it the MOST POWERFUL but it is the tool we use the LEAST!

I determined long ago that part of my intentional living would include:
- 1) Praying without ceasing
- 2) Thanking GOD for Him and ALL He does for me.
- 3) Being sure to tell my family that I love them, daily and regularly

PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jan 05 2013 07:04:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  4:47:19 PM  Show Profile
lori -wow- i can't add much to what the sisters have said in the above responses-only to say that you have been daily in my heart and prayers since we first "spoke" ! i am saddened to read that you are in this funk and i pray that it straightens out for you soon...if you need to talk -please reach out to me!
i would love to attend the gtg thta diand posted about - it would give me a chance to meet you and share hugs in person! alas, travel is not in my future right now-
lori--if ou need medicinal help to get this funk behind you- you know where o get it! *wink*

just know that so many of us love you for all you do for our lives ....and, please, i hope that feel the hugs!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  8:02:08 PM  Show Profile
Lori and Kris, My prayers are going up for you, wouldn't it be neat if we could all just have a cup of tea together!...blessings
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  06:00:14 AM  Show Profile
Extra special hugs for you both, Lori and Kristen. Hold tight to all the hugs we farmsisters are sending your way. Things will get better.
Sometimes our get up and go slows down as we round the bend so to speak. But like any bend in the road, there will come a point where it will level out and you will be headed straight again. Sweetie's,
I cannot help believe that there is not a farmsister who has not felt this way at one time or another. We farmsisters have very soft souls, and we sometimes carry not just our weight, but everyone that we care about, we carry their weight on our shoulders as well. And at times, we feel overwhelmed with a feeling that is undescribable. God brought all of us farmsisters together for one reason..to be there for each other. He knew our shoulders and hearts would be needed to help carry each other at different times throughout our lives. Let us farmsisters carry the two of you.

As you round the bend, look behind you and straight ahead, and you will see your farmsisters surrounding you.

Hugs and prayers. All from my soft mushy, caring and loving farmgirl heart.

Blessings!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  09:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Well said, CJ. Continued prayers and hugs to you, Lori.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  12:17:46 PM  Show Profile
Lori and Kristin-
I will be praying for you both to feel better, and happier soon.
Our farmgirl sisters really hit the nail on the head. I know that many of us feel down sometimes, it is definately "normal". With all of the tragedy going on around us in the world, sometimes it can be hard to feel upbeat and happy go lucky. It is hard to find joy in everyday, but I guarantee you if you look around you, and open your heart and eyes, there will be at least one thing each day that will make you smile and bring you a glimmer of peace, hope and comfort.
We are all here for you, and sending comfort and prayer your way. Things will get better, especially if you can find the perspective to see them.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  3:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Lori and Kris,
I know that feeling. I really struggled two years ago. My poor hubby really was worried about me and I know it helped to know that I had people supporting me and praying for me. So please know that you are both in my prayers and to please let me know if there is anything specific I can pray for or do for you.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  07:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Whenever I feel blue, I get out my book "One Thousand Gifts". A dare to live fully right were you are. It helps me to find the simple everyday graces that are all around me. I see they have a new journal, here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/One-Thousand-Gifts-Devotional-Reflections/dp/0310315441/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357486590&sr=1-2&keywords=one+thousand+gifts
Maybe affirming your everyday blessings could help. Praying for both Lori and Kristin and hugs to you both.
Lori,
I am so glad you are coming to my little get-together on January 19th at the Elegant Farmer. I will be throwing some ideas out to my fellow WI Farmgirls about getting together once a month to learn a new skill and share Farmgirl cheer.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  08:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Good site: http://www.purposefairy.com/9190/how-i-healed-myself-from-unhappy-syndrome/
Please read it will make you feel better.
Also, this:
http://www.purposefairy.com/3308/15-things-you-should-give-up-in-order-to-be-happy/
farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Jan 06 2013 08:56:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  9:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Continuing prayers going up. I trust in you Jesus...
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  05:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Lori and Kristin, I've been there, too. Keeping you both in prayer.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  05:55:11 AM  Show Profile
It would be so wonderful to have a tea and chat with everyone. So, healing to the soul!
Thank you for the prayers.

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  2:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Tea? Maybe coffee. LOL. Chocolate would be nice, also! Hope you are having a great evening.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Please/update for a stressful day Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page