Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Two/Two/Two Valentine YoYo Heart Swap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Two/Two/Two Valentine YoYo Heart Swap Next Topic
Page: of 3

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  11:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to ALL Our YoYo Mamas out there!

Thought we better get back to doing this fun swap!

How about:

Two Valentine, Two St. Patricks Day, and Two Easter...
ALL IN HEARTS PLEASE!!!

If You have never done Heart YoYo's before...I have a
Tutorial on My LadyInRed Blog Site. It will be in the
archived articles. They are easy and fun to do!!!

I will take sign-ups until January 18th.

We will mail out February 4th (not the 14th).

Remember that you will make 6 yoyo's per gal that signs up.
So we cut the sign-ups off at 10-12 women.

I always recommend that as soon as you sign-up, that you get
your fabric and buttons and begin. It is easy peasy to make
one set per night of tv watching or book listening.
So, just pace yourself and ENJOY!!!

You will find that it is as addicting as pop-corn!!!

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 05 2013 10:59:29 AM

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  2:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up!!!

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  4:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy, Happy New Year! I am ready to go with the yoyo's. I am still recovering from back surgery, go to Dr tomorrow for next step of what all I can do. I am doing good. No more pain tho. Ok sign me up--ready to sew. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  12:15:51 AM  Show Profile
Jenne...got you down girl! Please email me your full name and mailing address. Thanks! (+:

Linda...got you down too. So glad to hear that you are feeling better from your back surgery.
Hope the Dr. clears you to get on with your life. It must be HUGE to finally be pain free!
I am so happy for you.

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  9:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I will join you ladies. I hope we have more sign up! Feb. 4th..guess I'd better get started.

Linda, so glad you are on the mend!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  07:47:20 AM  Show Profile
I will like to do this also.
denise lantz
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  3:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judith, glad you joined in, hope your holidays were good.

Hello Jenne, glad you are joining us, its so much fun, when there is more. you will have fun, we all love getting the hearts or circles, and seeing all the different fabrics and buttons.

And Denise, glad you joined us. We have been doing this for quite a while, and it is so much fun.

Ok yoyo mamas we got a few more, so happy yo-yoing!!
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls---where are all our yoyo mamas?? Peggy works hard to put this together, and in the past we have had so much fun, and received lotz of yoyo's that are colorful in fabrics and cute in the buttons. If you haven't tried this--come on it can be addicting, and they are so easy to do. Can be done, while waiting on appointments, setting in the car, watching tv or even setting on the back porch. I have a nice size tub of yoyo's and not ready to quit yet! Peggy has instructions, and I use a template I purchased from Hobby Lobby. Been doing this for a coupla years. Come on join in--but remember only do this if you intend to follow thru.
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  08:19:47 AM  Show Profile
i have participated in many of these and it is fun-i am hesitant to sign up because i fell behind in holiday swaps and just am not sure that i'll get them done...gosh...gals-this is a fun craft swap--do it!!!

peg does work hard as hostess on this and it is fun receiving all of the colorful yo yo's---the comraderie of the group is awesome!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  12:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda and Margo...thanks for the nice comments and trying to spur on more participation.

Margo...are you sure you can't join this time? We won't have too many to make it appears! (+:

I saw two cute ideas on using yoyo's over our break from making them. One was taking a felt tree
skirt and either hot gluing them on or sewing them on. It was very cute and a way to use a lot
of yoyo's for one project. I might try that. And there were cute cone shaped Christmas Trees made
with round small green yoyo's and Easter Eggs made the same way (using styrofoam forms) and pinning
or glueing them on. Just some Ideas Girls!

Hugs, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Margo, good to hear from you, hope all is well with you. Go ahead and join in with us, just do your best. It is lots of fun.

Oh Peggy, a tree skirt made with them, would be so neat in a country home. I could do a small one for my bathroom (guest) tree. It is dressed up like a barn sorta, thanks for the ideal and just think some could be sewed on the guest towels.

Have a great weekend! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile
DH and I went on a road trip today and stopped at the Top of Iowa Welcome Center to check out the gift shop. Many of the items are handmade and on consignment. Would you believe I saw a table runner (smaller than a place mat)made just of yo-yo's sewn into a rectangle. $48.Wow!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  12:00:48 AM  Show Profile
Linda...I loved the tree skirt idea a lot!

Judith...man, sounds like we should all make yoyo table runners
and sell them. LOL!!!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile
There is an antique store here in Montgomery, that I like to frequent--just to look- have bought a few things- but mostly they are proud of the items. On a table there is a 40 yoyo by 40 yoyo square, and it is turned on an angle on a square table, and it is in shades of blue, they have it set with blue &white place settings, with crystal glasses and silverware, and light blue napkins, it is so pretty, they want $175 for it, the lady told me the consignee would probable take 150, so I went home and layed out some of my yoyo's 40X40. wow, and mine did not cost 175. I for about 10 years off and on have been working on christmas yoyo's round, and have around 1000 of them, I am going to be working on those this year, for the craft sale in Nov. I now have some ideas! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  6:16:28 PM  Show Profile
i don't remember seeing yo yo's as i was growing up but my mom didn't sew..my gramma did but still-anyhow- my first hubby's mother had a small yoyo covered pillow that i really wish i could have gotten my hands on..i have no idea where it went when she died- it is the first yoyo experience that i can remember!it was quite old and worn...lookedlike it had been loved!

i enjoy making the hearts but i really prefer the round ones for project-ability...

but my gosh...$175 !!!! whoa....we're all in the wrong businesses!

gals; i just am not going to sign up right now..i haven't got the follow thru in me to actually do it!and i need to admit to that. but i will think of you all!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Jan 12 2013 6:18:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  8:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Glad that you can admit that and stick to your guns. We will miss you in this round...
maybe next time.

Big Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  11:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

Got to to thinking about this the other night while lying in bed and thought I should get online and check if this was up yet. Happy to see everyones back!

Sign me up please I enjoy doing these!

As to the runner idea, wow! Can't believe someone could actually get that much for that!! I agree, that we are in the wrong business:/

Linda, any chance you could post a picture of the 40 x 40 yo-yo square? Not a bad idea as a way to make some extra cash...hmmmm....

Now I need to look around for cute buttons and get them ordered so I won't be waiting on them like the last time:/

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817
"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  9:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Yay, Cyn! I wondered where you were!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  12:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Alright Cynthia...glad you are back on with us! Woot! Woot!!!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  05:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I am excited about my new yoyo addiction. So many good ideas,
I have a lot of yoyo's to make to get caught up!

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  10:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Cyn, glad you looked us up and decided to join. I lost my camera during the holidays, I am sure it is here somewhere. I had back surgery in Nov, did not do much for Christmas, but because of me being down, we had family and friends, dropping by often. Bringing food and all, I really don't think anyone took my camera, it just has to be misplaced. I am getting up and around now, but can't do through searches. So I said all that to say, I can't post picture right now. The shop does not allow you to take pictures, and even ask you to put away your cell. But I just practiced at home after seeing this--I took 40 yoyo's across and 40 yoyo's down and filled in like a square. I have that many, and more, they stitched the sides together by hand, and then backed it with a pale blue piece of material, which they hand stitched along the sides underneath. They tacked it in several places across the yoyo's. I can't see the whole thing as it it set for a table of 4. If I can find my camera I will be glad to post a picture.
Have a great week! Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  01:07:08 AM  Show Profile
yOyO mAmA's

wanting to know IF all six of us are still in for this Swap.

Jenne f.
Linda
Judith
Peggy
Denise
Cynthia

please let me know an answer before I post addresses.

Someone had contacted me and said she couldn't make the hearts...I referred
her to my Tutorial...and then asked her to let me know. I have four swaps going
and I don't remember which of you it was. I am assuming it was either
Jenne f. or Denise (are only two new gals).

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  05:34:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm in!

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  09:00:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm still in!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  09:44:45 AM  Show Profile
I am still in, I have them all done, just working on buttons! Have a great weekend!
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  11:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Ladies...I have emailed you each the addresses for this Swap.

PLEASE BE SURE AND CHECK THAT I GOT YOUR ADDRESSES RIGHT AND ZIP CODES.

If there is a mistake...let us know right away.

Thanks Ladies for another fun swap!!!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Two/Two/Two Valentine YoYo Heart Swap Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page