Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please Say A Prayer For My Dad.. UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Say A Prayer For My Dad.. UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile
1/4/13 UPDATE:

Hi girls -

Just a quick update. He's back in the hospital with full-blown pneumonia. Apparently when he left the hospital the other day, the doctor would have liked to prescribe prednisone for his condition, but knowing that he is allergic to prednisone (news to me!), she released him without any prescription at all. That, compounded by my Dad's personal "habits" that he just will not relinquish, made him worse. He wasn't feeling well yesterday, but insisted on holding out for the visiting nurse to come today. Last night, however, it got too scarey and he had my stepmother take him to the hospital, and then he was admitted.

We're going to probably be dealing with this in an ongoing manner, so instead of posting every new update, I'm just going to ask for you to continue to pray for him. If anything major develops, I promise to keep you posted. For now, though, I think we're just going to be dealing with this on an ongoing manner, and that it truly is a matter of time. God is so gracious, though. Out of His Loving Heart, He continues to provide my Dad with many chances. I know, however, it won't be like this forever.

Please know I truly appreciate everything you all do - your love, your prayers, your support. I love you girls dearly.

Hugs -

Nini

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/21/12

Hi girls -

Please say a prayer for my Dad. As some of you know, he has serious health issues, particularly with his heart and is on oxygen 24/7. He was admitted to the hospital last night with edema in his legs and in his back. He has been experiencing bouts of edema for weeks now, but it was getting a lot worse and he knew it was time to go. They have him on "all sorts of medications," as he said, and he said this is definitely putting stress on the heart, so him being at the hospital will ensure it doesn't go too far. He's not in a lot of pain, he said he just feels pressure. I asked him about the edema in his back, and he said he had no idea what that meant, only that they told him that he has it. He didn't talk for very long before he said he felt shakey and decided to get off the phone. He sounded very tired and a little bit weak. But he was cranky enough to snap at my stepmom for trying to talk when he was on the phone so that's actually a good sign (not good for her, of course, but still a good sign). He just sounds so old, you know? My poor Dad. Anyway, he said that as soon as the edema subsides, they'll let him go. Right now, it's just a waiting game.

I'll keep you posted. He sounds like he's going to be okay, but you know he's like the Energizer bunny and always manages to get better when he's at his scariest worst. My fear is that it'll end up being the not-so-worrysome time like this that something happens. :( Well, let's just not think about it.

Please just say prayers for him. We're in the midst of another snowstorm right now so if he takes a downward turn, heading up to MA to be with him won't be possible until the weather clears. A little stressful? Yes. But we're okay. Just hoping and praying for good news soon! :)

Thank you so much in advance for your prayers. You all are the best!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 04 2013 12:44:15 PM

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  1:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent for you and you dad. Hope he gets better real quick.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  2:43:11 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

So sorry you all are going through this. I'll pray that the swelling goes down quickly so he can go back to the comfort of his home.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3464 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3464 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  5:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Nini..Prayers are sent, I hope he is back at home soon.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  8:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini, I am so sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital. I will pray for his quick recovery, and also keep you in prayer. It must be very difficult, to be far away, and only able to communicate by phone during a time like this. Stay strong.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  8:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I will be praying for you dad, and for you. Please, keep us posted. Many hugs to you. Happy New Year!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
Prayers being sent for your dad and your family.
Keep us posted.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  04:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
I will certainly be praying for your Dad.
Hugs,

Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
The Family Farm Store: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/
My Photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  07:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Nini - sending my prayers for him and you!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  07:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
Praying for you, your dad and your family. It's so hard . . . I know!
PRAYING!
LOVE YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  08:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Nini,

Prayers going up for your Dad, Family, and you. I know how special Dad's can be. My Dad is 84. He lives right next door to me, so I am
able to check on him daily.

Tell your Dad, that we farmsisters will hold him close in our thoughts and prayers, and that we will pray for a speedy recovery, and soon he will be on his way home.

Hugs Friend,

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  10:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
Prayers out to your Dad and family. It is very hard when our parents are ill. Hoping that he gets better and can go home.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  11:09:55 AM  Show Profile
First Nini, I am sending big farmgirl hugs to you and a gentle hug to him and your step-mom. You, who shares in prayers for all of us should be comforted by all the prayers going up now for your father. It is SOOOOO hard when family members are sick and especially so when we can't be with them. So we are wrapping our arms around you and praying for all of your family. Please keep us posted. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  2:24:01 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I'm adding my prayers to all here. And praying that you will have peace during this difficult time. If you can get there, then ok, but if not, your dad will understand and know that you are safe at home.
God Bless.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  4:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Nini-
I will be keeping your dad and your family in my prayers. It is so frightening when our parents are not feeling well. Praying for healing and peace for your family.
Love and Hugs to you!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  6:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers Nini!!
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone -

I just called the hospital and Dad was just released. No details, of course. I left a message on their home phone and asked that one of them call when things settle down to give us an update.

I'm a little surprised because we called him last night and he sounded terrible - very weak, unable to speak very long. He said they were doing all sorts of tests to rule things out. Even my husband was worried when he hung up with him. 'Guess this is to be expected, though, as he hasn't been able to talk on the phone very long for a while now. He struggles to breathe despite being on oxygen 24/7.

Thank you, as always for your prayers and your kindest words. I did mention to him that everyone was praying for him, and he found great comfort in knowing that. So did I. You all are the best! :)

I'll keep you posted, for sure. If you would please keep him in your prayers, I'd SO appreciate it. We know that his time with us is limited, but he insists we not come. He had been through this with his own father, and I think deep down he feels that 1) seeing us pity him and hurting would break his heart and crush his spirit; 2) he just doesn't want us to see him this way, because this is not how he wants us to remember him and 3) perhaps the emotion of seeing us would cause his heart too much stress, and that frightens him. I don't know. What I do know is that he has been distancing himself from us emotionally for a long time, whether or not it's intentional, I simply haven't a clue. We've only experienced rare glimpses of expressions of love from him over the past couple of years. I think he's scared, and I think in some ways he's turning inward to fight it. It's very strange. Then again, everyone deals with this kind of thing differently, you know? Having said that, however, we were ready to leave at a moment's notice, and were possibly going to make a trip up to see him this weekend. We'll see how he does and honor his wishes - either way. It's his life, and he's fighting for it, so we take his cue. He knows we've got the best prayer warriors fighting for him (thank God for you and our family and other friends!), and that we're armed with all the love, support and faith he needs to help him. Right now, it's his call. Whatever he needs - we're ready.

Don't you just wish you could love disease and death away? If only the love in hearts could do that when people suffer. I am thankful for The One whose love can and does. I just wish... well... you know.

Thanks again, and thank you SO much for being the wonderful farmgirls you are!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  12:43:50 PM  Show Profile
Just me again!

My Dad just called. Sounds SO much stronger, so much better. Still weak, still strained breathing, but sounds just so much better. He was in congesive heart failure, but caught it early enough (didn't play around this time and went straight to the hospital at the first sign of stress), so he was lucky. He said he must've eaten something that blew him up with the swelling, so now he's going to be on a whole new diet. He said the reason he sounded so terrible over the phone was because they had him all drugged up. Now he sounds so clear and strong. I am so relieved. Being home is a very good thing for him.

My hubby just reminded me that now it's only a matter of time. We went through this with his Mom, too. I know. It's always in the back of my mind, but when he is laying in a hospital bed 600+ miles away, that thought sure is driven home. I told my husband it's not so much the quantity of time that matters as it is the quality of the time we spend with each other. We just have to make it count. And we will. :)

Thanks again so much for everything!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  2:16:04 PM  Show Profile
You're all still in my prayers! I hope your father sticks with the new diet. It will make a world of difference for his health.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry I am just seeing this now. I have not been on the forum as much as usual in the last few weeks. I am emailing you now.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  3:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SO much, girls - you're the best! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  06:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
I am glad to hear things are looking better. I will continue to
keep you all in my prayers. ((HUGGGS))

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  11:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
PRAYING NINI!
HUGS TOO!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini,
I am sorry to hear that your dad is back in the hospital. I will continue to pray for everyone in your family- for your Dad, your Brother, and for everyone else to find strength during these trying times.
So often we take our health for granted, myself included. Life is very fragile indeed, and we truly must cherish every minute we are given.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  3:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Aw...Nini...so much going on in your life. I will continue to keep your dad, your family and you in my prayers!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
I sent you an email before I saw this, You are in my prayers and I certainly will put your Dad and his health in my prayers also. You take care ok. God is with you all, I really believe this and he will bring you all through this.
blessings and love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Say A Prayer For My Dad.. UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page