Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  5:51:04 PM  Show Profile
So the tree is down the decorations are boxed away.
What do you do to "spruce" up your home until it is time for some Valentines decor?

My Blog ~Stitch~Save~Live~

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  10:29:25 AM  Show Profile
I leave snowmen out. But usually go back to the everyday decorations. Lots of quilts and woodshed stuff.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  1:07:50 PM  Show Profile
I have taken all my Christmas down as well and boy looks a bit barren. Today family does not feel well so I am just moving things around from room to room to make all things looks better. Everybody stay warm!

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  2:09:02 PM  Show Profile
This is when I change up my decorations. Switch things around and put some things away for awhile.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  2:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My Christmas decorations are all still up . . I'm not in a big hurry. Probably will start putting away in about a week or so.
But I leave my snowmen out and I have some other wintry evergreen looking things. I change to things to a burgundy red and hunter green with some crystal accents. Then when Valentines Day comes I just add in the Valentine decor.

I change my decor in the living/dining area and my bathroom with the seasons . . .just because I want it to have a fresher look every now and then.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  08:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I've had such a wonderful Christmastime that I have been waiting on taking down the decorations. I usually go back to my regular decorations, which means vintage/antique pull toys, quilts, and things from nature. I have been thinking that I would like to find a way to make my home feel "Christmas special" all year long, but I am not sure yet how to do that. I do a lot of decorating for all of the holidays and like CJ, I change things up for the seasons. Here in Phoenix, the changes in the seasons are more subtle than in other parts of the country and changing my house around helps me to mark the changing of the seasons and the progress through the year.

So, do any of you have ideas about how to keep the house "special" all year long?

Kelly, I hope that you family feels better soon. Sending a "virtual pot" of chicken soup your way.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Pam,
I like to display my cards from Farmgirls and friends throughout the year and I always have a display of my ATCs so that I can enjoy those too. I change them as I get new ones from different swaps.
I LOVE vintage hankies and I use them in my decorating, in the bathroom and the living area . . .I just change them with the other decorations as it is all usually has sort of a color theme. Right now I have Christmas hankies in the bathroom but when I change it to burgundy and hunter green those colors will come out and then those that work with Valentine's day will be used as well.
I used hankies and linens in my bedroom but I don't change the scheme in there . . maybe just rearrange a few things to perk it up a bit, but I love my bedroom . . .very comfy, cottage-y, shabby chic, farmgirl . . if ya' know what I mean.

I have done quite a bit of scenery photography and had many of my favorites enlarged. They are framed in nice frames and I use those in my decorating as well . . they also get changed out with the seasons. For example: the photo I took of the fall colored leaves of aspen trees while laying on the ground looking up to the sky is one I use in the fall.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 31 2012 08:52:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  09:21:47 AM  Show Profile
I have snowmen, snowflakes, hand knitted mitten vintage and new, and some green pines and pine cones ...

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Honestly, I don't do much of a change. I do burn more fragrant candles. I don't have much wall space or space for much "decor."

Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
The Family Farm Store: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/
My Photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  9:11:55 PM  Show Profile
I put out a blue Swedish table runner and use white candles or special snow flake ones. I play up the winter aspect (we have lots of that in Minnesota) but I always get a new blooming bulb to put out. Something growing is really fun to see in our abundance of snow and ice. I also have a blue crystal candle holder for the white candles. Blue seems to make a nice transition from Christmas to Valentine's day.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  11:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I take the winter bouquet out of my beautifully painted ice skates Windy Pines (Michele) gave me a few years ago on the front door. I leave them up all winter. I have trees and snowmen that I leave up too. About the 3rd week of January I will break out my Valentine's decorations. Before I know it I'm decorating for Nowruz (the Persian New Year, 1st day of spring) and then Easter. It's that stretch between when the Easter decorations come down & the 4th of July ones go up that I don't have any holiday decorations around. After that it is another dry spell until the autumn ones come out.

Have fun making your houses look winter friendly!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Winter decorations Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page