Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Report from North of the North Country
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Report from North of the North Country Next Topic  

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile
13 in. of snow--10 in. a couple of days ago. Were without power for 7 hours. This is not boding well for the rest of the winter.

Collect Moments Not Things

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  3:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Stay warm, JoAnn. I've never experienced such cold weather. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  3:19:02 PM  Show Profile
I came here from Minnesota to get away from this haha. We are suppose to get four seasons but not so cold or long as Minnesota's. Global climate change is doing a number on me! Thank goodness for wood stoves and down comforters. As soon as the power when back on (ah what a wonderful sound) I ran around flushing toilets, checking the radar and checking emails. That expensive Kabota tractor was a good purchase.

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Stay warm and safe Joann and here in Indiana I think your Washington sounds like Heaven. I love snow I love cold and oh how I love the fire and hurricane lamps and all my kiddies piled up under covers.

We are supposed to get 2 -3 in tonight and tomorrow. I really won't believe it until I see it but I'm praying and my husband is down in Laredo TX...and needless to say he isn't bundling up anytime soon.

Bring on the snow. Stay warm
Malena
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7588 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7588 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  10:36:59 PM  Show Profile
Stay warm out there.
Prayers for you all
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  07:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Warm I can stay, getting out our long driveway is another thing! 23 in. in a couple of days made plowing difficult. There's no place to put the darn snow. I'm making Jim take me into town in his truck. Not sure if my car can navigate the big, curvy hill to town and back. Didn't get up it one time. Jim hates to go into town. But I have a lot of heavy things to get so he's coming with. What's funny is that we're only 8 miles out of town and it's a whole different world. Streets are just wet there and it could be ice half way down.

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  2:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow, please keep it in the Pacific Northwest! I love snow, but not a whole seasons worth in 1 day!

Be careful driving. Hope the power comes back on for good.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Well the trip to town was exciting. Jim had the truck in 4-wheel and going slow and were still fishtailing in some of the slush. They don't plow as diligently when school is out. One side of the county road was plowed the other not (until we came home 3 hours later) Our road was terrible near the county road and nice in front of our driveway. We have a mixture of rain/snow now. I'm hoping for a chinook to come through and melt this stuff: ) The universe isn't listening to me I'm afraid.

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  04:33:27 AM  Show Profile
JoAnn, I live just west of Spokane, so I know you haven't had any melting your way! We lived in WI for two years and I remember the cold hurting there, so I, too, prefer our winters here.

Hope you are getting more sunshine than we are. This is ridiculous. It has been foggy almost everyday in December. Ughh.

Keep your chin up!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  06:56:30 AM  Show Profile
7 inches of snow this past Thursday. 10 more today and still counting. The horses that I I'm caring for must have thought I forgot them as the person who plows out there hasn't gotten there yet. The owner goes away again the end of January. Am going to have to speak to her about staying there if we get any of these storms while she's gone.thank goodness the horses are not on a set feedings schedule.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie

Edited by - queenmushroom on Dec 30 2012 07:00:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  3:06:52 PM  Show Profile
hey JoAnn, just checking in on ya...
like Marianne said,,, 'This is ridiculous!... she and I were suppose to meet for coffee today... didn't happen... 6" of snow and it was still snowing as we chatted over the phone...
Oh, & I did not know you were from "Minnie-Snow-da"... lol!
As for the 4 seasons! umm, so far I have only seen 2...late summer and grey fall/winter/spring!
Pass the wine please! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Report from North of the North Country Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page