Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Help with congestion Next Topic  

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  07:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
does anyone have any suggestions on an herbal inhalation that will help with congestion? my DH quit smoking a few months ago and has been battling terrible chest congestion from the detox that is going on. he is just miserable.
any suggestions as to what might help him clear up faster? i am wondering about a steam inhalation.
thanks

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  10:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi..good for him quitting smoking! According to my quick research on the internet it is a sign his body is repairing itself. Some tips I read were to eat garlic as it helps with congestion, take mucinex because it thins it and makes it easier to expel, and it does suggest a humidifier. It also suggested moist warm compresses on the lungs to give comfort. Type in on the internet search browser "help with congestion from quitting smoking" and you will see different links with info that may be useful. Good luck to him. Hang in there.
Annie in Henderson

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  07:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Annie
thanks so much. i will give some of these a try, and i will do more reading. he is doing so good wiht the not smoking i want to try and help him be successful.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  07:58:29 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if this will help but I've got a rotten long lasting upper respiratory infection with congestion and lot of coughing and the warm steam humidifier with a few drops of mint oil added has helped me breathe easier. Good on your husband for quitting! I hope that he feels well soon.

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Mullein is awesome. Lots of vitamin C.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Help with congestion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page