Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Today's Blog - Unexpected Visitors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Today's Blog - Unexpected Visitors Next Topic  

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  12:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Once in a while we meet people who make lasting impressions on us. Today was one of those days. This young couple made not just my day but got my week off to a wonderful start.

http://www.farm-garden.com/robin/unexpected_visitors

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  1:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
iposted a comment but for got to say it was me. It talked about unexpected days. It was a lovely post

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  2:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I posted a comment but couldn't find it! What a wonderful day! I so enjoyed reading about it!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  2:40:01 PM  Show Profile
ROBIN,
What a nice post and what a nice happening. You are right, these things only happen now and again and its something they will always remember as well as you will. Be kind to strangers is something we all want to do, but this day in age doesn't come as easy as it used to.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  3:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Robin.. I have similar experiences here a lot. I absolutely love it. I always feel that I am the one on the receiving end. It grounds me and like you, reminds me of why I do what I do. In particular, I love the young children that come here and are so intrigued. I had a wee guy here yesterday, almost 2. He followed me around as I helped his mom and dad, asking for more "tawbears" (strawberries!). He left with a basketful and a big red smile! I love it.
Di
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  3:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Robin -- thanks for sharing about your unexpected visitors. You definitely touched the lives of a young couples not only with your beautiful farm but with your generosity.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  6:28:15 PM  Show Profile
What a neat experience! Both for the young couple and for you too. I love things like that that help you remember why you grow your own food!! They won't forget you thats for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  10:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Robin- What a wonderful way to share your day! I suspect that next year they will come back looking for YOU! Your kindness not only educated but befriended them as well. These are the gifts that money can't buy and what a treasure they are! Hope your week goes along as pleasantly and satisfactorily!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  05:14:41 AM  Show Profile
Robin - what a great visit for you and the young family. Your farm must be amazing, and how lucky for them that they got to see it and share time with you! Life's little gifts....we just need to see them with open hearts, like you do!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  06:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Robin,
What a wonderful day! I love to bring kids out here to see the way we live, but this couple sounds just as enthusiatic as any child I've ever met. I hope that you develop a lasting friendship with this family, it seems like God ment for you to meet.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the comments, Ladies. I'm still smiling over my visitors!

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Today's Blog - Unexpected Visitors Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page