Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Mall Shooting Close to Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Mall Shooting Close to Home Next Topic  

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  06:52:29 AM  Show Profile
My heart is broken today for all those touched by the mall shooting yesterday in Clackamas. Current reports are that the gunman turned the gun on himself after leaving 2 others dead and another wounded. I'm not sure how many others were wounded yesterday evening. We're very familiar with Clackamas mall and used to go their regularly in our younger days.

Families and lives were changed yesterday in a tragically dramatic way...we live in such a broken world. It really shakes up a community when something like this happens.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who were touched by this horrific act yesterday. I pray for healing and peace for the town of Clackamas.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  06:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Saw that on the news right after it happened. Sad, tragic and disheartening and like you say, a broken world . . very broken.
PRAYING FOR THOSE IMPACTED!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  08:05:57 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to those involved.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  08:06:12 AM  Show Profile
Wendy, we were at the Clackamas Mall this past Spring. While your heart always breaks when something like this happens, it seems worse when it is somewhere you know and have stood. Saying prayers for the people affected and for the community. Sending you prayers, peace and hugs. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  08:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers to all involved and for the community- it touches and hurts everyone!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile
It's terribly sad how much violence for so little reason is happening these days. My thoughts and sympathies to the families and friends touched by this tragedy. Keeping the candle lit for the little girl in critical condition. I read that she was in a terrible head on collision early this year and survived it with out serious injury, hopefully our dear maker has plans for her and she'll make a fast recovery.

Blessings to all

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  8:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Prayer for all that are affected by this tragic shooting. I just do not understand what the world has come to. I really dont. Its has become where I honestly am starting to stop and think before entering a movie theatre or shopping mall with my family. How sad that we have to live like this. I pray that God will guide us to peace and comfort everyone's life this has touched.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  7:53:48 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for all and that God keeps us safe daily.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Mall Shooting Close to Home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page