Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Mother Nature has lost her mind!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Mother Nature has lost her mind! Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
It's Dec. 3, right? Supposed to be sorta cold? At least not in the seventies. The plants are going springtime crazy here in Kentucky in my neck of the woods. I saw forsythia in bloom this afternoon! And violets and dandelions and clover. What's up with this? Anybody else having extra spring this year? It just seems like when I was little, we were wearing gloves and coats this time of year and coming inside for hot chocolate and just to get warm. We were dreaming of a white Christmas.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:47:48 PM  Show Profile
I know my grand son will be here Wed. from Montana. There it is snowing. It will be in the 80's Sat. and Sun. So I am taking him to the beach. I was hoping for a cooler winter this year.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:52:25 PM  Show Profile
Our temperature got up to 81 degrees today. Just like a summer day! However, it's clouding up, the humidity is returning. Looks like rain. Maybe we'll get some cooler temps after the rain.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  6:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Well its not THAT warm here, but today there were mosquitoes trying to bite me all day in the yard and my roses are putting out new growth. I really want snow for Christmas =
Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  6:26:34 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean! It was in the 50's here today. Hard to believe it's December in Minnesota!

~April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:56:13 AM  Show Profile
I don't think we can deny our climates are changing! It sort of makes me nervous ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  3:25:52 PM  Show Profile
We have dandelions blooming and still have robins in the neighborhood. Yesterday, I worked in my garden with no coat.

As for climate change...

I took a class in college, Environmental Biology. Our professor told us 20 years ago that what is happening now would happen, and he's been accurate to within a couple of years. And yes, the consequences are going to be really serious and scary.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  03:49:54 AM  Show Profile
Some of our Winter greens have already bolted and bloomed

Not gonna knock the warmer weather. Here in the Carolinas, this is "kind of" typical. Means we might get sacked at least for a day or two mid January or February.

Didn't have a chjance to consult the Farmer's Almanac at all this year, so I have no idea what the winter is supposed to be like
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  07:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Jack and Dave both said, "something is just not right," in fact they don't really feel like going to sleep yet.They are usually well into their winter nap by now.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  4:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
We had bad thunderstorms last weekend and then on Monday afternoon, we saw blowing snow! More thunderstorms this weekend again. I walked two of my dogs without a coat Monday morning and by the time I left work, I was wearing a coat and wishing I had thermals on. Poor Jack and Dave. Nancy Jo, Have you taken a Christmas picture of the two of them this year? They always look so Hallmark card adorable in their annual pic. I used to have one taped to my office door. :) I miss seeing them.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  02:42:41 AM  Show Profile
My Geology teacher in college (the 60's !! That's 45 years ago, .. LOL) told us that were were in an interglacial (ice age) warming cycle ... IT was a particular cold and snowy December (NE Ohio).. I thought he was just a little crazy...

Not so much any more. Looks like Mother earth does want a warm up before the next Ice Age. hmmm

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  06:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Today, Mother Nature is throwing her entire arsenal at us. This morning, the temp was in the early springish 50's. Then the thunderstorms came in. By early afternoon, we're going to have winds to 50mph. Then, to top it off, the temp will plummet to the 20's, w/single digit wind chills(after we get an inch of...wait for it...snow!!!). Next wednesday is scheduled to be a repeat of today. No use putting away my spring/summer clothes, either. Might need them day after tomorrow. Last Monday, we had thunderstorms one minute, then sunshine on both sides of the street. :) Eventually, we had thunderstorms while the sun was shining, too.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Mother Nature was wild here last night. The winds kicked up big time! This afternoon, I picked up five loads of fallen branches, etc... Mother Nature is cleaning up!
Yesterday, it was in the high 70s, today the temp held around the 50s. Tonight we are expecting 30 degree temps.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Mother nature puts her apron on and does whatever she wants too.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  8:54:33 PM  Show Profile
We got that one early snow in October, and then nothing until a week and a half ago... so I had my apple trees, the willow, and pretty much all the trees around here BUDDING in November! They thought it was spring. Of course, now they've all been rudely corrected in their error, but I wonder what this coming year's fruit crop will be like...

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Janice, I haven't been on the forum lately but here I am and I see you. Thanks. And Nancy Jo too. YAY!!
We have had an extremely wet fall and now into winter.

MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Marybeth! How's everybody in your neck of the woods? Do you still have Bingo? We're slowly moving to our old farmhouse. Not as fast at moving as we used to be. Packing up and clearing out my dad's house at the same time. He's in assisted living. I've painted his house and the farmhouse this fall. So much Porter Paint that they called me and wished me Merry Christmas and thanked me for all my business this year! HAHA! Told me to just call if I needed more paint!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Mother Nature has lost her mind! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page