Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 mother-lode of vintage apron patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic mother-lode of vintage apron patterns Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  6:18:09 PM  Show Profile
oh gurlz .. i found about a dozen or so vinatage apron patterns at Jeffrey's Antiques mall in Findlay, OHIO ... they were only $4. each .. and i didn't buy any because i probably wouldn't make them .. i like the more home-spunny, primitive ones .. but find the flour-sack 30's and 40's ones soooooooooooo adorable! i probably should have gotten a few just to offer as prizes! when i go back up to toledo .. if they are still there (and if i can find them) .. Jeffrey's is advertized as the LARGEST antiques mall in ohio .. i'll pick up two or three of them! i was concentrating on PRIMITIVES while shopping .. i limited my time to an hour cuz' we were excited to be heading back to kentucky together!

i think my favorite purchase today was a wonderful drying rack .. i have several .. this is a large floor rack that folds compactly .. and spreads out unlike any i have ever seen before .. and it was only $20!!!!!!! have NO idea where i will put it here at cabin creek .. will probably just use it for 'display' from time to time (outside) .. it won't fit anywhere INSIDE the cabins without piling furniture on top of furniture! or .. it may end up at my antiques booth in town as a display piece!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  6:50:14 PM  Show Profile
that is a goooooood deal. I was looking on ebay at vintage patterns last night and they were more than $4 then I would have to add shipping!1 sounds like you had a great time!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  12:48:50 AM  Show Profile
FRANNIE,
Lucky YOU finding that drying rack, I have one nice one but have been looking for another one, and the one you got sounds like a dandy. Didn't realize how hard they were to come by until I started looking.
Bet its nice to be home again, but now you are off again for the weekend, so have a good time.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  07:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
ah you could have played the barter game here with the girls. then you could have received twelve differnt items from farm girls. I hop eyou have lots of fun with your drying rack.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 07 2006 08:57:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  08:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, if you ever do see patterns for homespun primitive aprons, and if they're available online, please post it! I want a Tasha Tudor pinafore! I have 2 1/2 yards of indigo homespun set aside for it....All that was left on the bolt, and I hope it's enough.
You are a treasure trove of "finds"
XO
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  03:32:52 AM  Show Profile
ann .. oh gurlfren .. you shoulda' been with me this weekend at the civil war re-enactment! there were about 8 or 10 vendors who sold civil war clothes AND patterns! i did not see one for an adult-sized 'apron' or i surely would have gotten it ... HOWEVER, i got the sweetest little infant 'pinafore' (civil war era) .. and plan to make lots of them for sofia catherine!

be still my heart .. where did you get the indigo homespun????

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  03:42:54 AM  Show Profile
sunshine .. oh honey chile .. i have BILLIONS of wonderfuls to barter already .. without even having to spend another penny ... EVER!

but if anyone is interested in any of these patterns (and it would be serendipity .. because .. i would buy them and send them sight-unseen) .. they are only $4.00 each (plus postage) ... now this would only happen if i get back up to ohio before they are all gone .. and can even find the booth they were in. Let me know if any of you think you might want one or two (e-mail me) .. and IF i get them .. i'll let you know. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic mother-lode of vintage apron patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page